+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Website display problems in Technical; Hullo ok so...I am having an issue with a file displaying properly on our school website here The 'willow's wardrobe' ...
    Thank Post

Website display problems

Hullo

ok so...I am having an issue with a file displaying properly on our school website here The 'willow's wardrobe' game is driving me loopy. I am not by any means an expert with flash so I am guessing the chances of it being a user error on my part are quite high -.-

I hosted the file on our moodle server and embedded the link onto the web page now the problem is...The game displays and plays fine on one of the computers in our suite which I use for a lot of day to day stuff, but when using a different machine it no longer displays its just a bordered white box with the error message "object expected" As far as I can tell there is no difference between either computers other than one runs IE + firefox and the other just IE so I went ahead an installed firefox on the other but it made no difference. both are running the same up to date version of flash and have the same firewall settings etc. an extra nugget of info, the computer it does run on only runs in firefox when you try open the game in IE it acts the same as all the others. Outside of school the game runs fine in all browsers that I have tested. I can't see the difference between the computers so I am stumped. Our support tech very kindly took a look at it despite this not being his problem but couldn't see why this was happening either. Any ideas would be a huge help because I am at that stage where I am just going round in circles.
    Last edited by nyiss; 8th May 2012 at 12:26 PM.

Thank Post
    I'm assuming this flash game is browser based and does not have it's own console.

Are you using the same version of browser on each computer?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I'm assuming this flash game is browser based and does not have it's own console.

Are you using the same version of browser on each computer?
    It is yep and I am using the same browser on each of the school laptops/computers its tested on and the same browsers out of school

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread