+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Skydrive - internet explorer has blocked this website from displaying content... in Technical; Hi Our network is XP SP3 + RM CC3 + IE8 + Win 2003 We have just moved our Email ...
    Thank Post

Skydrive - internet explorer has blocked this website from displaying content...

Hi

Our network is XP SP3 + RM CC3 + IE8 + Win 2003

We have just moved our Email to Live@Edu and are trying to give everyone access to Skydrive. Staff privileged users and above have no issues accessing Skydrive however Students gets a yellow bar at the top of IE8 with following error when they try to create and edit a new document (I cannot seem to upload an attachment so here's the text):

"internet explorer has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors. click here for more options..."

- In the RM Console (essentially Active Directory GUI / frontend) I have compared Staff and Student UserTypes and the Internet Settings are identical minus a few unimportant things
    - I have added skydrive.live.com to IE Trusted Zone and confirmed that the below entries are in the Registry (line breaks removed):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\live.com]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\live.com\skydrive]
    "http"=dword:00000002
    "https"=dword:00000002

- Made sure Mixed Content for Trusted Zones as per some random advise I found on the Internet (it already was enabled)
    - Smoothwall isn't filtering anything for Students and I have whitelisted and put skydrive.live.com to Bypass SSL Validation content category

The only discrepancy I can see is that in the bottom right hand corner of IE8, Trusted Zones changes to Unknown Zone (Mixed) when the yellow error bar appears. Staff+ can still access their Skydrive documents but not Students. Any idea if this is the cause and if so how do I fix the problem?

Thanks

Matt

Thank Post
    Have you installed the latest SSL Certificate for students?

Sounds like IE is detecting the SSL Certificate of Skydrive doesn't match the certificate it's receiving.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread