+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, K9WebProtection - Installing Issues in Technical; Afternoon all Right, I've been trying to install a copy of K9WebProtection to demo this to some parents as part ...
    Thank Post

K9WebProtection - Installing Issues

Afternoon all

Right, I've been trying to install a copy of K9WebProtection to demo this to some parents as part of eSafety Day and all that jazz.

I've got the license (just got a free one on my home email) and downloaded the software, but it doesn't seem to recognise the internet connection, so it won't go beyond the User License and Password screen of the install and keeps stating I must have an active internet connection.

Does anyone know if it uses a particular port for checking the licenses and what not as that is the only thing I can think of for getting it working.

Thanks all
    Andy T

Thank Post
    Hi,

I installed this for a friend, and we had no problems with the internet connection. Is it passing through a proxy and looking for authentication? The fourth post down has some tips from their support people Blue Coat Support Forum • View topic - Error installing K9

3. Thanks to kernewek-sam from:

soveryapt (7th February 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kernewek-sam View Post
    Hi,

I installed this for a friend, and we had no problems with the internet connection. Is it passing through a proxy and looking for authentication? The fourth post down has some tips from their support people Blue Coat Support Forum • View topic - Error installing K9
    It was indeed from behind a proxy as I was in school.

I just made a joke of it "i wanted to demonstrate some of the parental control software, but because of all the similar controls we have in school to protect your children whilst they are here, I've not be able to activate the product on our machines, so I'm going to take you through some of the things you can do with it" and gave them all a copy of the K9WebProtection Resources CD that you can download from their site too .. lol ..

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread