+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Any Sonicwall experts? Need some help please! in Technical; Hi All, I wonder if you can help with a problem we have with our sonicwall NSA 3500. We are ...

Thank Post

Any Sonicwall experts? Need some help please!

Hi All,

I wonder if you can help with a problem we have with our sonicwall NSA 3500.

We are in the process of switching from our old ISA connection to our new sonicwall connection. Our users cannot seem to access the following two websites when connecting through our sonicwall device.

ActivTest Intelligent Simulation Testing - IISB
    www.bcsmosiac.com

If these users connect through our ISA connection, the website loads without a problem. If however they attempt to connect using our sonicwall connection the page 95% of the time fails to load. We do not get an sonicwall errors just a generic "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". Every now and then however the site DOES load.

These websites are essential to us as a school as our pupils need to access them to take exams. This problems is unfortunately preventing us to fully moving all our users onto our sonicwall connection and we are eager to get rid of our ISA connection. I have monitored the sonicwall log and no warnings or messages seem to appear when accessing these websites. I have also spoken to the company that runs these websites and there is nothing that they can think of which would prevent us from accessing their website.

Are you able to suggest anything that might be causing this problem? Or is there anyway for the sonicwall NSA to report what the problem is?

Thank Post
    What authentication are you using on the sonicwall?

Thank Post
    it links with Active Directory

Thank Post
    Try turning off authentication for those sites - it feels to me this could be NTLM related - of course I don't have that much experience with sonicwalls

Thank Post
    I can try and work out how do it that, but normally when there are authentication errors/messages, this comes up in the log. Nothing comes up for these two sites at all

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread