+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, GlobalAXS Anyone use? in Technical; We are in the process of looking at leased line options. We are very rural Devon and will cost us ...

Thank Post

GlobalAXS Anyone use?

We are in the process of looking at leased line options. We are very rural Devon and will cost us a huge amount of money each year compared to some of the prices i've seen for you townies

Global AXS are the cheapest we have got and also seem to offer more than the likes of BT. Does anyone on here use them or got any experience of them? My neck will seriously be on the line if i get this wrong!

Thank Post
    We ve have them for over a year, great company, sort everything out and free coffee and biscuits at their home

Had one slight internet issue during that time but was only minor, well worth the money would definetly use again in next company

3. Thanks to irsprint84 from:

dave.81 (5th January 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Yup ordered mine just before the holidays. They are part of M247 LTD who do various other things such as Co location - vps hosting etc under various names.

5. Thanks to glennda from:

Thank Post
    We use them as do several other schools in our area. In the past 10 months we have had Internet issues once for about 6 hours and that was just before Christmas, they tweeted updates about the problem.

We are local to one of the data centres of the parent/ sister company and although i haven't been myself, it is meant to be a good place to visit. We also have ADSL failover from them. In fact as a group of schools in the area we were partly responsible for them sponsoring an Edugeek forum because we opened there eyes to a new market.

If you want any further information then just PM me, I still have all the prices etc from multiple companies that we got quotes about a year ago.

7. Thanks to Achandler from:

Thank Post
    Thanks for the replies, i know there will also be positive and negitive whenever you ask this question but nice that the first 3 are positive and not the other!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dave.81 View Post
    Thanks for the replies, i know there will also be positive and negitive whenever you ask this question but nice that the first 3 are positive and not the other!
    They re more geeks than business people

Thank Post
    Achandler,
    what helped you choose M247? They don't seem to have been around very long (2009) but are certainly very competitive on price. Did you go for any managed services as well as the WAN?

I'm impressed with the quote I've got but that's only ever part of the story. I'd welcome any feedback you can give.

Thank Post
    Myself and Achandler went with them, they were offering the 100mb connection with adsl backup the main reason they re cheap is because they use their backbone so not a direct connection. They have always been helpful and were always honest with us when we had general meetings with other companies, we had one dodgyish time for 2 hours in 1 1/2 years

Thank Post
    I believe they have actually been around from 2000 but were trading as a different name, Open Hosting. No they didn't go bust or anything they simply changed there name.

One reason as isprint has said, especially for us is we actually met them as one of the big data centres is nearby to us, so two people came from there (last minute I may add) to fill a spot in a long meeting that was planned regarding leased lines. They were normal people, not Sales People who i must say were hounded by approximately 6 schools as to why they were cheaper (though we didn't have quotes from them pre-meeting) and everything added up.

To us they are a fairly local, and part of a much bigger organisation, they gave reasons for why their prices were cheaper. They could also answer questions about the hardware they would provide, what it was and how it would be configured, no other Sales Person could, which was reassuring. There was no Sales rubbish, it was a simple as this is what you get, for what price, BT promised us 100% uptime, until we said what about a power failure in your exchange and it turned outt hat wasn't covered!

iSprint has been to the local datacentre to use and seen the backend as such, and they are very open with it (well i thought so).

I can understand your concern, that it may well be to good to be true the price they have given but we have genuinely had an excellent service from them over the last 11 months or so, we moved to them last year in half term. We have had intermittant issues once for about 5 hours back in December, can't complain.

As for the extra services they offer, no we only use the Leased Line.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    From when I spoke with the guys that visited me (I'm south of gatwick they are Manchester) they where pretty honest and seemed like nice chaps. I believe from when I did the digging (as I got asked same question) M247 is the parent company for all there service providers. (Global axs,icecolo,VPS247 n the rest). It was a NME change so they could open up other sides of the business - such as VPS247 which is fairly new. They have also just purchased a building to open a new datacenter. Having purchased means they.obviously has some capital and are looking to move forward.

My line is to be fitted during half-term and I cannot wait!

Thank Post
    For such a big change to school infrastructure it's always good to get as much customer feedback on a new supplier as possible so thanks for all your feedback. I have to say that so far they are very helpful and communicative which is always refreshing as I feel they want my business.

Glennda I would love to know how your line installation goes once completed. In the meantime I think I need to get them on site to talk through our project goals.

Thank Post
    We have now signed up with Global but are awaiting the survey. Have been very helpful and answer all our questions.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread