+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, YouTube for Schools launched in Technical; Originally Posted by rvdmast too bad...ISA server toolkit doesn't install on Forefront TMG 7 on Windows 2008 R2 Servicepack 1 ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rvdmast View Post
    too bad...ISA server toolkit doesn't install on Forefront TMG 7 on Windows 2008 R2 Servicepack 1
    The latest version (1.4) is from July 2009...somehow i doubt it'll be updated anytime soon...
    Ah that's unfortunate, states support for TMG but i wonder what version that goes up to? Must admit i didn't realise there were different versions of TMG (How old is 7?). My ISA 2006 server is on 2008R2 w/SP1 so can't be that part causing the issue.

EDIT: No i lie! I'm telling porkies there, my ISA server is on 2003R2, the only 2003 server left on my network! That took me by surprise haha. This is one of those very rare occasions where i'm glad i didn't upgrade
    Last edited by mrbios; 13th December 2011 at 02:22 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by siuko View Post
    Anybody managed to implement this with Dansguardian/Squid?
    Have you or anyone had any luck???

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by siuko View Post
    Anybody managed to implement this with Dansguardian/Squid?
    If there any news about Squid support either version 2.7 or 3.?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmleafs View Post
    Have you or anyone had any luck???
    I'm still looking hehe

Don't think it will be possible adding a HTTP Header (well its beyond me anyways)

I'm looking at the dansguardian urlregexplist config at the moment to see if its possible to rewrite the youtube.com to the

It definitely looks like it should work but again looking at the examples already in there for google safe search its a bit beyond me at the moment lol!

Thank Post
    OK I finally got it to work!!!

Now we seem to be having issues with authorising videos...

@mrbios how are you getting on?

Mark

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sister_annex View Post
    OK I finally got it to work!!!

Now we seem to be having issues with authorising videos...

@mrbios how are you getting on?

Mark
    All sorted now, i'm still a bit unsure about my setting with the condition set to "website name" and "contains" though, what have you set your conditions to?

EDIT: I appear to have hit a problem.... I've added my personal account as an authorised user but when i log in it does nothing and i'm still restricted? anyone else having a similar issue?
    Just tested on an admin account, changed proxy settings so i was going out of the filtered one and when i sign in as myself, as user that's in the authorised users list, it appears to login ok, then "Sign in" is still showing in the top right but if i click sign in again it just seems ot refresh the page, and everything else is still filtered..........:/

EDIT2: Maybe i was being impatient i can now see the thumbnails and browse for other videos and it has logged me in properly, but i notice even as an authorised teacher you can't play any video unless it's added to the education playlist. I thought teachers would be properly unfiltered in this method......this could cause a few problems for us as currently teachers are allowed unfiltered access to youtube :x
    Last edited by mrbios; 13th December 2011 at 03:12 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    All sorted now, i'm still a bit unsure about my setting with the condition set to "website name" and "contains" though, what have you set your conditions to?

EDIT: I appear to have hit a problem.... I've added my personal account as an authorised user but when i log in it does nothing and i'm still restricted? anyone else having a similar issue?
    Just tested on an admin account, changed proxy settings so i was going out of the filtered one and when i sign in as myself, as user that's in the authorised users list, it appears to login ok, then "Sign in" is still showing in the top right but if i click sign in again it just seems ot refresh the page, and everything else is still filtered..........:/
    I missed your post earlier about the errors in the conditions, mine is set to add it to all outgoing on a particular rule... I'll be changing this soon.

I've got the content working with the filters for educational content only but having issues playing the 'playlist'. The first video will play but no more - obviously the workaround is one playlist per video but this seems very counter-intuitive.

As for the account, I created one specifically for the school that uses my work email address (which I should be able to change) and this seems to work fine.

Thank Post
    Ah I've not tried adding a bunch of videos yet, i'll have to test that and see if i get the same problem.

So using an account that's in the "Authorised Users" list on yours does that authorised user get full access to everything as if there was no filtering at all? As i can browse the lists of videos and view everything about the site in an unfiltered mananer except i can't actually view videos until they're added to the playlist.

Thank Post
    So using an account that's in the "Authorised Users" list on yours does that authorised user get full access to everything as if there was no filtering at all? As i can browse the lists of videos and view everything about the site in an unfiltered mananer except i can't actually view videos until they're added to the playlist.

I'm getting the same results, the administrator can search all videos (access to the site is not unfiltered - it appears the search all options become available) but the additional 'authorized' members cant get in with it just redirecting when sign-in is clicked.

I'm not convinced by it all yet, the access to the educational content is good I just feel atm there are too many open ends and it does seem a pita to configure...

anywho, I'll keep trying and see where I get.

Mark

Thank Post
    Smoothwall users... I see my comments generated some support tickets
    Your current choices are 1. implement as a URL modification (which the blocklist guys will help with) or 2. Wait til mid-jan for the next G3 update which brings header adding.

Also, it should be noted that it is possible to only do this for some groups (or locations) in smoothie, thus avoiding the "staff cant get full access" issue.

11. 6 Thanks to tom_newton:

AngryTechnician (14th December 2011), Cache (14th December 2011), drewp (14th December 2011), john (18th December 2011), OverWorked (20th April 2012), Sylv3r (15th December 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,648 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveaproblem View Post
    Thanks. Was looking on how to get this setup. I wonder if embc web filtering can achieve this.
    Have enquired about this and the NEN (whom embc have a representative on) are talking to Google about this and waiting on a report, should be back around xmas. I believe a way forward will be discussed after that.

edit: of course reading on I see that @GrumbleDook has inevitably beaten me to it

Thank Post
    sounds interesting many thanks

Thank Post
    ... Must admit i didn't realise there were different versions of TMG (How old is 7?).
    This is the RTM version number of Forefront TMG 2010.

Thank Post
    Censornet have an update that allows you to use the modify header option. Works for us now.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,782 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TalkStraight View Post
    sounds interesting many thanks
    Any news on whether Fortinet will do this?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast