+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Google Apps for Education - Advantages / Disadvantages in Technical; Originally Posted by pete How have you handled audit trails/item retention for specific accounts ( SLT , Governors, anything to ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,862 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    How have you handled audit trails/item retention for specific accounts (SLT, Governors, anything to do with CEOP, Finance)?
    In what way, there don't need to be any audit trails from what I was told by auditors at my last place. The advice was even 'delete often and delete all'.

If you need an audit trail of something, it should be handled via whatever internal policy is there for that process. eg. Child Protection policy will determine how things should be kept for that, finance policy will determine how and what is stored for that.

However, if you do want to be able to archive and store everything, there is an add on to Google Mail which can do that, at a price.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    However, if you do want to be able to archive and store everything, there is an add on to Google Mail which can do that, at a price.
    you can still do split delivery or dual delivery with google mail. if you want to keep copies of everything on your own machines.

Thank Post
    I look after a number of primary schools and most are using Google Apps of ED, and our local secondary is also using GA. We have replaced our websites and vle with Google Sites which does everything our vle/website did before but for free and a heck of a lot easier. Many people on this forum say that sites is to basic but if you dive under the hood it can do some awesome stuff. My only gripe is it does look a bit dated and could do with some html5 love, also it was me that had to build the school sites and I am not an arty type so did not enjoy doing it much.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edutech4schools View Post
    I look after a number of primary schools and most are using Google Apps of ED, and our local secondary is also using GA. We have replaced our websites and vle with Google Sites which does everything our vle/website did before but for free and a heck of a lot easier. Many people on this forum say that sites is to basic but if you dive under the hood it can do some awesome stuff. My only gripe is it does look a bit dated and could do with some html5 love, also it was me that had to build the school sites and I am not an arty type so did not enjoy doing it much.
    This is a good point. Our *main* site uses Drupal, but we've setup a load of community and departmental sites that run on google apps so the teachers can run them.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12