+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, The website is down! in Technical; Bet that got your attention! lol Actually that is the problem that I need help with. Bit of history: I ...
    Thank Post

The website is down!

Bet that got your attention! lol
    Actually that is the problem that I need help with.
    Bit of history:
    I have my personal domains hosted with Justhost (http://www.justhost.com).
    The domains are www.abbott-pcs.com,www.timeforhealing.co.uk (my wife's business), www.megerton.com (son in law's for learning), etc.
    Now I have been pleased with the service I have had from Just host, but I have a problem that tyhey are having problems fixing.
    What happens is that all the domains to do with my acount (including email etc.) randomly go 'off line' many times a day. This is only for a few mins and then they are back up.
    The sites are on a shared server and Just host have moved servers for me.
    When this happens, I can go to the Justhost site but I can't login to my cpanel.
    They have asked for tracert's and these I have provided. According to the logs, the server/websites are up and running (I have checked the logs myself.) when the sites are 'down'
    The sites are down for everyone (I have forums that have members all over the world). I have had members provide tracert's as well.
    They are at a loss as to what the problem is. Has anyone any ideas? Other acounts on the same server are not suffering any problems (none reported (I have developed quite a 'repport' with the support people so they do talk openly).
    At the moment, this is happening around five to ten times in 24 hrs. Each time is for a couple of mins (max ten). I owndered about a cron job runnig on the server but they have all been removed (including other users ones!!).
    Help! has anyone any ideas?
    And please, I dont want 'change host company' or they are c**p!
    Etc. I am with them and have had very good service. For now its not feasable to move all the domains (about 5).
    Alan
    Last edited by salan; 18th November 2011 at 10:21 AM.

Thank Post
    If you don't want to change the hosting company, you're not sure what the problem is, nor do they, then you'll just have to put up with the downtime.

Sorry, but it's your hosting company's job to provide a reliable service. If they can't do that, or at least guarantee that the problem is not at their end, then they need to be replaced.

Try moving just one of your domains to a new host - See how you get on. It shouldn't be too painful.

Thank Post
    If I could be sure it was the hosts problem, then I would see about moveing. but the trouble is there is no eveidence at there end to show ther eis a problem. I have access to the logs etc and they show constant activity even when the sites go down. Thats whats puzzling everyone.
    Alan

Thank Post
    By constant activity what do you mean - are you seeing lines in the logs with 200 status code or different? What http error do you get back from the server when you can't access?

Thank Post
    Well I just tried all three domains, and am unable to access.

Either your hosts have a problem, or you have some really bloated/buggy sites that don't want to load.

As i said, try a different host. You could probably find a free hosting trial from someone. Even try hosting yourself at work/home and see if you run into problems.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread