+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, EasySync Configurator Cannot sync with network (Live@Edu) in Technical; Hi I'm trying to get EasySync Configurator to sync our AD with Live@Edu but I cannot get it to work. ...
    Thank Post

EasySync Configurator Cannot sync with network (Live@Edu)

Hi

I'm trying to get EasySync Configurator to sync our AD with Live@Edu but I cannot get it to work. I hit "run EasySync" which tries to connect and I get this eror message:

Code:
    [ps.outlook.com] Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : The client cannot connect to the
     destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests.
     Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinR
    M. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the W
    inRM service: "winrm quickconfig". For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
        + CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) [], PSRemotingTransportExc
       eption
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PSSessionOpenFailed
    I have ran "winrm quickconfig" and still no joy.

I have also tried these commands in powershell:

Code:
    $LiveCred = Get-Credential 
    <Type in the credentials of an account in your tenant>

$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://ps.outlook.com/powershell/ -Credential $LiveCred -Authentication Basic –AllowRedirection

Import-PSSession $Session
    and I get the same error as above.

As I didn't configure Live@Edu and enroll the school I'm a little unsure of what's wrong.

I'm using our networks systemadmin account credentials when I type "$LiveCred = Get-Credential." Is this correct or is there another account I should be using?
    It is a possibility SWGFL is blocking ps.outlook.com as it needs access to port 443. Can anyone clarify this one way or the other? (We do use Smoothwall [G3] but I'm bypassing this so that shouldn't be blocking access.)

Anyone encountered this error before?

Any help is much appreciated

Cheers!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    See my post below yours - there is something being blocked. In addition to my problem with SSO authentication I have never been able to connect to powershell. However I have a 3G adaptor for the headteacher that lives with me and will let me connect, or I do it from home.

As yet the SWGfL have yet to clarify what I need - even though they advertise Live@Edu as one of their services!

Thank Post
    Here's a minor update,

I was wondering if port 443 was being blocked by SWGFL (it usually is), so I tried telnet to it (telnet ps.outlook.com 443) and I couldn't. I requested it to be let through SWGFL's firewall and I now can telnet to ps.outlook.com, however I still get the above connection failed message when trying to connect via EasySync or Powershell.

Anyone have any ideas what's happening or any other addresses to get unblocked?

Cheers

Matt

Thank Post
    I just phoned SWGFL and even though they appear to be blocking *something* they are unwilling to help unless we have a support contract with them. So it looks like we have to pay £800 or whatever it is to gain access to a free service...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread