+ Post New Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, LGfL 2.0 Problems in Technical; I concur with your viewpoint. Who are LGfL to impose these rules and regulations on schools without prior consultation?...
    Thank Post
    I concur with your viewpoint. Who are LGfL to impose these rules and regulations on schools without prior consultation?

Thank Post
    Neither Atomwide nor LGfL are listed in the list of IWF recipients. Perhaps they come under Virgin Media?
    IWF URL List Recipients | Internet Watch Foundation (IWF)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kearton View Post
    Neither Atomwide nor LGfL are listed in the list of IWF recipients. Perhaps they come under Virgin Media?
    IWF URL List Recipients | Internet Watch Foundation (IWF)
    Thats true but NetSweeper are and thats the underlying AI and filter engine behind WebScreen which is the system LGfL use.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    In the spirit of helping people avoid the avoidable problems, all LGFL schools *must* read Support Tickets 107088, 107087, 107084 regarding the transfer of individuals between institutions.

It would probably be helpful if your HR / Data Managers contacted their colleagues in your feeder schools just to make sure that they are also aware of the guidance given above.

Thank Post
    Has anyone successfully set up Rav3 with a Mac Server? Specifically, I'm trying to set up CIFs on Rav3 to allow Remote Access to Shared Areas. It works fine on Windows but on the Mac.....

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I haven't tried this. SMB interoperability is notoriously patchy. If you don't get any luck here try looking around for others trying it with the same cisco technolgy.

Thank Post
    I found my School's transition to LGfL 2.0 went relatively smoothly and I imagine a number of other schools have had issues with the service due to a lack of forward planning. Remote access is abit of a pain though.

Thank Post
    Thanks for your input but as I mentioned in my post, the subnet change happened only a few days before migration. Ww changed our subnet because we simply didn't need to separate our admin anymore, we just have 1 server with 1 domain and 1 network, much simpler. Also I couldn't remote desktop because there was no internet connection into the school. I was just saying that Logmein used to show you how long a client had been off for, which was really useful. As for them updating the support case, yes they did but it was already done by then. I am not in 1 school all the time and I don't have the luxury of always being able to jump when something happens in LGFL land.

I went on the training course. The trainer was great, the course was well organised and the facilities were good. Unfortunately it was exactly as I expected, 10% golden nugget info and the rest was totally irrelevant for me. I could have just looked at the last summary slide and got all the information I needed. I still stand by what I said about it being complicated, I still think the GUI needs a lot of work, I still think they should have been more up front about it at contract signing, I still think it is unreasonable to block remote login tools and I still think that rav3 is a poor substitute.

I did have some interesting chats about other stuff though, for example we were discussing the fact that you have to close a browser to complete log off requests. I voiced that I found it strange with all this focus on security a process like this was in use. Apparently this is due to shibboleth or whatever it's called and they are trying to get it changed but obviously it's out of their control. Hopefully it will be changed in the near future.

Thank Post
    Hi All,

We are very unhappy with the service from Atomwide and LGFL.
    We are thinking of jumping ship and moving to another broadband supplier. Has anyone done this yet or does anyone know if this is possible?
    If it is, what other suppliers are there that we can consider?

Thanks

Bodrul

Thank Post
    Pm'd.....

Thank Post
    We have been using Teamviewer as our remote support tool on LGFL 2.0 since April, but suddently last Thursday it all stopped working and comes up with " Not ready. Please check your connection."
    Nothing has changed on our Network so I am wondering if Atomwide has finally decided to block this..

Is any other LGFL school experiencing this?

hit
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonwalsh View Post
    We have been using Teamviewer as our remote support tool on LGFL 2.0 since April, but suddently last Thursday it all stopped working and comes up with " Not ready. Please check your connection."
    Nothing has changed on our Network so I am wondering if Atomwide has finally decided to block this..

Is any other LGFL school experiencing this?
    Yep, im surprised it let you go this long! details are here: http://files.lgfl.net/LGfL/Policies/...rch%202012.pdf

If it's not RAV3 or CentraStage then tough appears to be the LGfL stance.

Thank Post
    I would not be surprised as LGFL/Atomwide's official stance is - all remote tools except RAV3 and CentraStage are blocked and unavailable.

Apparently they are working with LogMeIn to try and get it using the USO system but that is the only 3rd party discussions I know of.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hit View Post
    Yep, im surprised it let you go this long! details are here: http://files.lgfl.net/LGfL/Policies/...rch%202012.pdf

If it's not RAV3 or CentraStage then tough appears to be the LGfL stance.
    Haha, you beat me to it!

Thank Post
    Not sure that that is actually the case …. Looks like what’s actually happened here is that a number of security holes have been closed down one side effect being that TeamViewer has stopped working.

However section 8 in

http://files.lgfl.net/LGfL/Policies/...rch%202012.pdf

talks about getting category 2 web filtering enabled which lets an un-specified selection of remote access products work including TeamViewer or so I’m told

So getting this going again appears to be get your head to sign the school up to Cat 2 and get hold of a couple or three OTP tags – once your head has agreed then the extra category appears in the web filter system on the support site and your away.

I imagine they (LGfL/Atomwide) will be having a hard time keeping track of changing technology and the work that’s ment to be happening with LogMeIn may well have uncovered the ‘features’ that have been resolved - so if you’re using some form of remote access that looks like they might object to it for some reason then being signed up to the cat 2 filter sounds like a plan.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread