+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Facebook in Technical; I said for them to either make an offer or leave it. I'm happy right now and can't wait forever....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I said for them to either make an offer or leave it. I'm happy right now and can't wait forever.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Well that fizzled out to be a big nothing, they just wanted to be sure I could still do the work asked, as they have seen on my profile I am looking to go into construction / gardening.
    What a very real example of what you say in social media can bite your professional bum.

I find it quite worrying that once you have applied for a job with them, they keep such a close eye on a platform that I'd argue is for your personal life.

Gaz

Thank Post
    Big brother is watching you!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IrritableTech View Post
    What a very real example of what you say in social media can bite your professional bum.

I find it quite worrying that once you have applied for a job with them, they keep such a close eye on a platform that I'd argue is for your personal life.
    I agree! That almost verges on an invasion of privacy! In fact, it probably is apart from the inevitable smallprint somewhere that everything you write on their platform belongs to them in some way or other... It's horrible to think that they might be monitoring your facebook account and that they might change their minds about employing you because you are considering a change of career....

If that had been done to me I'd probably have sought legal advice by now! But thats just me...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AMLightfoot View Post
    I agree! That almost verges on an invasion of privacy! In fact, it probably is apart from the inevitable smallprint somewhere that everything you write on their platform belongs to them in some way or other... It's horrible to think that they might be monitoring your facebook account and that they might change their minds about employing you because you are considering a change of career....

If that had been done to me I'd probably have sought legal advice by now! But thats just me...
    Surely if the info is marked as public, its not an invasion of privacy.... because you have given that up by signing up to Facebook in the first place, its their data.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Small print does say everything on facebook that is uploaded or written, belongs to facebook and WONT be deleted. Ahh well, such is life

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,899 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Small print does say everything on facebook that is uploaded or written, belongs to facebook and WONT be deleted. Ahh well, such is life
    Will be interesting to see what happens if the proposed EU law gets a go-ahead... Basically, end users will be able to demand their data deleted by any company, without only a limited amount of reasons being allowed for them to keep stuff.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well as I said, I have an interview on Thursday so hoping something comes from that

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Will be interesting to see what happens if the proposed EU law gets a go-ahead... Basically, end users will be able to demand their data deleted by any company, without only a limited amount of reasons being allowed for them to keep stuff.
    It sounds good, but how many websites have you posted information on over the years which you don't use anymore and you can't remember.

Personally, I can only think of a few I've used... But I know there are loads more.

It's a good law if you're just starting with the internet, but otherwise it isn't going to be that different.

Also, to stay on-topic:

Sorry to hear about Facebork giving you the run about. And good luck with the interview.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345