View Poll Results: Did you get any info regarding charges when Vipre replaced Clam?

Voters
4. This poll is closed
  • Yes

1 25.00%
  • No

3 75.00%
+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Smoothwall Gateway AV in Technical; Just a quick poll. Did anyone get information when Smoothwall changed from Clam to Vipre that there would be cost ...

Thank Post

Smoothwall Gateway AV

Just a quick poll. Did anyone get information when Smoothwall changed from Clam to Vipre that there would be cost incurred at next renewal for gateway AV? I don't recall seeing anything (and I've checked back through email, and the update on the Smoothwall box doesn't say anything), just wondering if anyone had anything. I understand that it's a product provided by an external party, and therefore has cost associated with it to Smoothwall that they need to pass onto customers, but not being prior informed of this, and essentially having all gateway AV removed due to an upgrade in the software used has made me a little cross, not the sort of thing I'd expect from Smoothwall, so want to check I haven't missed something!

DT2
    Lakeville, Carleton County, New Brunswick
    Thank Post
    HI,
    A customer newsletter did go out prior to the change over, I can only apologise if this never reached you.
    If you can PM me your details I can check our system and ensure you have what you need.

DT

3. Thanks to DT2 from:

Willott (29th September 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanks for the prompt response. I thought that I should have seen something previously which is why I was a little surprised when my account manager mentioned that Vipre had been a year trial.

Thanks

Will

DT2
    Lakeville, Carleton County, New Brunswick
    Thank Post
    SmoothWall as a whole felt that clam just wasn't meeting the requirements of our customer base.
    In light of this Vipre was adopted and replaced good old clam, resulting in a system which now meets the demands of Smoothwall's ever growing customer base. On the downside yes there is a small cost for this service, but I'm sure you'll find that overall the system, and more importantly your security, is better for the change.

DT

6. Thanks to DT2 from:

tom_newton (29th September 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanks Daz. We actually had to fork over some wedge to our friends at GFI (nee Sunbelt) in order to allow all our customers who currently had clam to have their AV honoured up until the end of their contract with Smoothwall. That did mean that those who bought 1 year renewals effectively got penalised slightly, but it was about as fair as we could be.

8. Thanks to tom_newton from:

DT2 (29th September 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT2 View Post
    HI,
    A customer newsletter did go out prior to the change over, I can only apologise if this never reached you.
    If you can PM me your details I can check our system and ensure you have what you need.

DT
    I can vouch for this it was told in a newsletter that I remember getting, I also think Tom posted something on here as well and it was mentioned at an Edugeek conference as well so it was in a few places, no figures were issued just that there would be a small fee for Vipre at your next renewal.

10. Thanks to john from:

DT2 (30th September 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread