I have spent hours and hours trying to solve this issue. My school uses Live@Edu for their email. I hate the Outlook Web App that is used for this. So I'm trying to send and receive messages as my Live@Edu address through Gmail. So far I have succeeded in receiving email using POP3. Now I want to be able to send mail as "example@xavier.edu" using gmail.

So I went to Gmail settings --> Accounts and Import --> Send mail as --> Send through xavier.edu SMTP servers, and entered the correct information. The problem is the very last step in which Google sends a verification code to "example@xavier.edu" that I have to enter in order to send mail as that account. Every time I try to send a verification, it bounces, and I get an email saying:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 rejecting banned content (state 18).
Does anybody have any idea how to get the verification email to go through? I've asked for help on numerous Google and Outlook Live help pages but no one will help me. I'm hoping you guys can figure this out. Thank you so much for your help!!