+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, [Solved] TMG 2010 0x8007000d "the data is invalid" (aka the sky is falling) in Technical; Just yesterday had a fun one with TMG that proves it needs some massive polish still: Suddenly (after the 20th ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 2,187 Posts
    Blog Entries

[Solved] TMG 2010 0x8007000d "the data is invalid" (aka the sky is falling)

Just yesterday had a fun one with TMG that proves it needs some massive polish still:

Suddenly (after the 20th or so powercut) the internet and all firewall related stuff just chokes and dies so I log in to the VM servver and fire up the TMG VM to have a look at TMG manager which is spewing some random messages and most importantly not working right. One of the errors reffered to the array ip which is stupid in its own right being TMG Standard and so not even part of an array.

I try to open up the networks item in the snapin only to be greated with 0x8007000d "the data is invalid" and no network cards at all which is quite concerning. I also tried to fire up the config wizard in the hopes of simply overwriting the corrupt data but was told that 'no network adapters could be identified' like this http://blogs.technet.com/b/isablog/a...te-in-tmg.aspx

I looked about and even found the SCW files ( Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Forefront TMG 2010 Tools & Software Development Kit ) for TMG to harden the server which helpfully don't work with 2008 r2 SP1.

The issue:
    Somehow the idiot box had lost its static config on the LAN adapter, this simple messup which should have been the first thing I checked for (I was tired) caused TMG to go into a complete pannic and throw random errors as above. Who the hell programed their error checking, surely there has to be something a little more precise than 'the data is invalid'.

So just incase anyone else gets random gibberish from their TMG box, check the network adapters and dpn't beleive its hype.

bio
    Thank Post
    Glad you resolved it SYNACK... THX for the feedback

bio..

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread