+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Two Websites with Certificate Issues in Technical; I have two websites including the edofe.co.uk site that pop up a certificate error for staff (ok for admins). They ...
    Thank Post

Two Websites with Certificate Issues

I have two websites including the edofe.co.uk site that pop up a certificate error for staff (ok for admins).

They both say that the "The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority." However the certificate is in the list of trusted certificates!

What am I missing hear I have trawled the Group Poliy but cant find anything! Any ideas someone?

Thank Post
    I have just had the same problem on a site I have just ordered a new cert for. Turned out the intermediate/chain certificate was incorrect. I downloaded the right one from GeoTrust and it now works fine.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The cert itself may be trusted but the root cert further up the certification tree may be causing hassles. If these are self signed sites or ones from a random external cert provider you may need to install the issuer cert on the machines to make it trusted. Does sound weird though, are you sure your clients are getting root cert updates, I know that certain proxies get in the way of this process and break stuff for no good reason.

Thank Post
    The list of the latest cert are in the list so I can only assume they are getting the updates! I have downloaded and deployed one of the certs through Group Policy it appears in the intermediate list but still no luck! Do you think could be a proxy problem synack?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well Windows Vista/7 will hit up the windows update site to check for new certs if it encounters one that is dodgey so if the proxy is blocking this then it could be the problem. As you have deployied via GP though it sounds like they are private type certs. Which store did you put them in, ideally you want the certificate from the parent signer to put into the trusted root certs store. You may just want to put it in the personal store and add it to the enterprise trust store as well to make sure. If you can get the security box up for the site in question and are able to view the certificate then it should show you where it is failing in the error and possibly in the certification path. In IE9 you just need to click the little padlock in the addressbar once you are at the site and click view certificate to get this information. This should shed some more light on why it is having an issue.

Thank Post
    good post

Thank Post
    It turns out it was nothing to do with group policy or local stores our web filtering bloxx box hadn't pulled the certificates on, I uploaded them and all is right with the world again thanks tho

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread