+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Websense becoming a PITA in Technical; We are currently using websense 6.3.3 on a server 2003 R2 box with ISA2006 and it is running great, Websense ...
    Thank Post

Websense becoming a PITA

We are currently using websense 6.3.3 on a server 2003 R2 box with ISA2006 and it is running great, Websense Reporter is installed on another box and that too hasnt played up for a while now.

Anyway, i was looking at running Websense 7.6 on a Server 2008 R2 box with TMG and apparently it wont run like previous versions where you can have ISA (TMG) installed on the same box, you now need 3 different servers. One for the TMG, One for the reporting and one for the policy machine. It seems to me like websense is trying to take over the network.

The downside to this is that we have got another 22 months with websense but will be moving away from them.

Thank Post
    Probably best I not repeat the "fun" I had with Websense but lets just say that I've been in a similar position and am now no longer a Websense customer. I certainly have a lot of negative feelings towards them. I also could never get the reporter to run after an upgrade.

You should pity the poor bloke who phoned me up to say "Hi I'm your new account manager, would you like your renewal subscription information?". I very bluntly explained why I would not be renewing my subscription and pointed out that it's advisable to have a look at the case notes for each customer before phoning them up that way you know which ones have massive beef.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread