+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, ISA Alternatives in Technical; Does anybody recommend any good open source alternatives to MS ISA 2k6? I don't really need the proxy part as ...
  1. #1

    glennda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    7,810
    Thank Post
    272
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Rep Power
    349

    ISA Alternatives

    Does anybody recommend any good open source alternatives to MS ISA 2k6?

    I don't really need the proxy part as i use squid boxes for it. Just need to use it for NAT for things like RDP (for use with LA VPN) and also has the OWA published through it.

    Any recommendations to look at?

  2. #2

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,694
    Thank Post
    516
    Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,899 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    833
    Smoothwall Community would do what you want - Express Open Source Firewall Project » Download, IP Cop IPCop - Home or Endian Endian - *Open Source Firewall Appliance - UTM Linux Security Distribution*

    I've used all 3 and they're all excellent.

  3. Thanks to localzuk from:

    glennda (27th April 2011)

  4. #3

    glennda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    7,810
    Thank Post
    272
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Rep Power
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Smoothwall Community would do what you want - Express Open Source Firewall Project » Download, IP Cop IPCop - Home or Endian Endian - *Open Source Firewall Appliance - UTM Linux Security Distribution*

    I've used all 3 and they're all excellent.
    Sorry i should have mentioed i need to be able to use multiple IP's on the one card which i don't think smoothwall does in the free version? d the others?

  5. #4

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,694
    Thank Post
    516
    Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,899 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    Sorry i should have mentioed i need to be able to use multiple IP's on the one card which i don't think smoothwall does in the free version? d the others?
    IP Cop can do it, via the 'IP Alias' feature in the GUI, or by doing it manually on the command line. ipcop support • View topic - Adding a second ip address to red interface card for a small amount of detail.

    http://unbeknownst.net/?p=253 has some more, as does http://www.ipcops.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10494

  6. #5

    glennda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    7,810
    Thank Post
    272
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Rep Power
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    IP Cop can do it, via the 'IP Alias' feature in the GUI, or by doing it manually on the command line. ipcop support • View topic - Adding a second ip address to red interface card for a small amount of detail.

    Reasons Unbeknownst » IPCOP with Multiple Static IPs (1 to 1 NAT) has some more, as does ipcop support • View topic - Using ipcop with multiple static ip address (red)
    Cool - I'll give Ip cop a play tomorrow

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. LP+ Alternatives
    By synaesthesia in forum East Midlands Broadband Consortium (EMBC)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 30th March 2011, 02:01 PM
  2. Prommisor, any alternatives?
    By Quackers in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30th April 2009, 10:21 PM
  3. Frog: Alternatives?
    By mr_simonward in forum Virtual Learning Platforms
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 6th December 2007, 09:35 AM
  4. RM Easylink and Alternatives
    By BKGarry in forum Wireless Networks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4th December 2007, 03:03 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •