+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Anyone using My Big Campus ? in Technical; Originally Posted by Simcfc73 You got any pointers for this integration. I don't fancy messing arounfd with CSV's. I found ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcfc73 View Post
    You got any pointers for this integration. I don't fancy messing arounfd with CSV's. I found this article Login - Lightspeed's Support Wiki but its CSV based.
    Thats the only way to integrate with a MIS systems right now as it is a universal technique. However there is work going on to create an easier method to connect to a SIMS system.

The support guys can help also - let me know if you would like me to get them to contact you.

Simon

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eappariello View Post
    Thats the only way to integrate with a MIS systems right now as it is a universal technique. However there is work going on to create an easier method to connect to a SIMS system.

The support guys can help also - let me know if you would like me to get them to contact you.

Simon
    So is there no way to let them use their AD passwords?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcfc73 View Post
    So is there no way to let them use their AD passwords?
    Yes. MyBigCampus links to your rocket appliance and can use the LDAP connector to hook into your AD directory for user authentication.

The CSV import document you found is for schools to provision in advance user accounts, groups, and group membership from their MIS system. This is a worthwhile step for the VLE elements.
    If you just want to have students and staff sign in, and use MBC without this provisioning step you can direct them towards the sign up link on the home page.
    They can use the sign up steps to create thier user accont or you can create an invitation code (use the man with cog icon and select note users to MBc) and send this code to your students and staff.

Support guys can step you through this.

Simon

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Thanks for this, the UK support sorted me out straight away with an issue on the box. As I am testing I won't do the ad authentication just yet. I uploaded all staff details and its sent them all out invites so I have a few testers. One teacher did get back to me regarding the US bias. He said the standards aren't up to date or haven't followed the UK curriculum. Sciences not bring split, and there is no ks5 stuff. I think the grades bit when you allocate pupils to a year needs to say year. We had to put up with favorites for years so need to make a stand now.

6. Thanks to Simcfc73 from:

Eappariello (4th April 2013)

Thank Post
    Hi Simon,

Are you able to let us know when there is an update on the MIS Intergration for SIMs in available?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dobsonl View Post
    Hi Simon,

Are you able to let us know when there is an update on the MIS Intergration for SIMs in available?
    Yes, as soon as I have an ETA for release I will st a response.

Thanks
    Simon

Thank Post
    Has anyone got My Big Campus linked to Office 365 / Skydrive?

I have - but no idea what I've achieved and what it enables me to do. Still playing, but I found the applications section and there is an option to integrate sky drive. I tried my test Office 365 account details and the auth call was made successfully. It's now apparently integrated, but I can't see what I've gained. I was hoping that I'd be able to view files and folders in my Skydrive account.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jmak View Post
    Has anyone got My Big Campus linked to Office 365 / Skydrive?

I have - but no idea what I've achieved and what it enables me to do. Still playing, but I found the applications section and there is an option to integrate sky drive. I tried my test Office 365 account details and the auth call was made successfully. It's now apparently integrated, but I can't see what I've gained. I was hoping that I'd be able to view files and folders in my Skydrive account.
    Hi.

Yes that's what it is for. It should display documents and files that you can use anywhere in MBC the same as google docs.

I have just tested mine and I can see all my word and PowerPoint docs

Give the support team a call or email, they can test this further but seems to be working for me.

Simon

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,021 Times in 786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Resurrecting an old thread, I heard today about SIMS integration for MBC but I think the wrong end of the stick was gotten.
    Is there any ability for MBC to handle reporting from SIMS in the manner expected by OFSTED (or whoever wants it these days! Behaviour, attendance etc)

Thank Post
    Hi Synaesthesia,

The Lightspeed integration with SIMS is for the purpose of synchronising teacher and student information such as who is teaching what class and who is enrolled in each class.
    This information is managed in SIMS and Lightspeed is updated from SIMS in order to place students into the correct collaborative group for each class and ensure the teacher is the administrator of the class group.
    While this is not the only example of how Lightspeed uses the information from SIMS, Lightspeed does not pull information about attendance or behaviour from SIMS and does not push behaviour information such as a user's web activity back into SIMS.

Information from both SIMS and Lightspeed can be used to show OFSTEAD or another governing or regulatory body that a school has robust pastoral care, safeguarding and behaviour management practices.

Thanks
    Ken

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,021 Times in 786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the answer, unfortunately not something we're after. OFSTED have been pushing for certain information to be made electronically available to parents and pupils, often done via the VLE (we currently do this via Moodle, have done in the past via Sims Learning Gateway) and it appears MBC is unable to do so. Would have been a nice addition and would have made us give serious thought into using it as our "VLE". (enclosed in quotes as they're often so much more than what's expected from a VLE these days)

Thank Post
    Hi,

I will direct message you now to get more details.

Thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12