+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Automatic Sync of AD and Live@edu username AND passwords in Technical; If you want to make changes which are not available in the web gui, you have to resort to powershell. ...

Thank Post
    If you want to make changes which are not available in the web gui, you have to resort to powershell.
    No so different from normal Exchange really, except there I generally only use powershell for some one-off config. Are you finding that you need to routinely resort to powershell for Live@Edu, and if so, to do what kind of things?

It's a shame it can't do the initial sync with passwords.
    It's basic Windows security architecture preventing that.. unless you once went well out of your way to change this they're stored via irreversible encryption... that password change notification API is one of the few places you can get to the plaintext versions of passwords that are needed here. I suppose in principle you could crack all the kids passwords and then set those with powershell + CSV, but I definitely wouldn't touch that without formal written permission from the Head/whatever, and some kids might have too-good passwords that don't fall out.

Thank Post
    Although this looks to have sorted itself out, I can say with certainty that you definitely can still get hold of Identity Lifecycle Manager 2007, and there is a specific version for use with Live@edu with a lower price attached (ILMSvr 2007 SNGL MVL Live).

If your reseller is telling you that's not the case get back to them and push them on it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PiqueABoo View Post
    No so different from normal Exchange really, except there I generally only use powershell for some one-off config. Are you finding that you need to routinely resort to powershell for Live@Edu, and if so, to do what kind of things?
    To be honest, no. Not touched ILM for a couple of months now.. it just does its thing.

I had to use a lot of powershell to get our unique(ish) setup working 100% and a lot of that is even undocumented and was provided over the phone.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12