+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Who uses what proxy server inside their network? in Technical; LightSpeed...

Thank Post
    LightSpeed

Thank Post
    Hi,

We use ISA 2004 with SurfControl/Websense, soon will be moving over to the Forefront TMG for firewall and web filtering. I personally think the URL subscription license on the enterprise pack for EES is really good and makes it cheaper to run. I.e. ISA was cheap - £150 or so per processor (on select) and there was no requirement of CAL. The same is true of Forefront TMG if not used with URL filtering subscription, however if you subscribe to the URL filtering it does cost but on EES's Enterprise pack this is included so no need to buy expensive and sorry all those filtering companies are bloody expensive in my opinion. Even education discount don't cut it and the per user licensing or per appliance licensing is also expensive for a lot of education customers.

Will be trialling the URL filtering capability on a Forefront TMG test box (free to trial for 60 days i think). Many people still have reservation of ISA or TMG not being a good firewall, well its really good at firewall and also a cache server. I really don't believe in the hardware firewall vs software firewall, its all about deep packet inspection, and protocol inspection, IDS etc not just blocking ports.

Ash.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We currently and have been doing for some time been filtering with dansgurdian and squid throu ubuntu works verry well i must admit and it also scans files and pages for viruses using clamav, and sets difrent filter groups for each set of users and grabs them from AD once a day. its also set transparently so no settings have to be enterd into any clients. and they dont see it unless they hit a blocked site when its splash screen is displayed with user name and reason why. i also like the abilaty to be able to search through the pages users have been on by date time username computer name ip etc. verry usefull and help full.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345