+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, help with a cisco 2611xm router in Technical; At work, im having a really big problem with my router which is a 2611xm. The trouble is, it feels ...

Thank Post

help with a cisco 2611xm router

At work, im having a really big problem with my router which is a 2611xm. The trouble is, it feels like i am stabbing in the dark.... I havent got a clue about any of the settings or how to get any values out of it. The only thing i know what to do on the router is to show the config.

We are experiencing slow internet speeds. In the 2611xm, we have 2 WICs which are bonded together, well, so our ISP say. I would really like to know how to get a reading of what the WICs are connected at, as i have tried unplugging each line, doing a speedtest on each and then plug them both back in and re-doing the speed test. We seem to getting 2.51meg down on line 1 and 2.1meg down on line 2 (sometimes line 2 doesnt always give a result though). When i run a test with both lines connected, i get about 4meg.

I have got a dlink router which i have tested on each line. Line 1 with the dlink is reporting the modem can connect at 8meg and line 2 at 5.3meg.

I have contacted my ISP (Opal, formally Nildram) and they said that line 2 is having up to 20 disconnections an hour.

Basically, is there a way on the router to show what the WICs are actually connected at (like the dlink) rather than doing speed tests all the time?

Thank Post
    Hi,

On Cisco kit you can use the show command to view Interfaces this is as far as I can tell the only way ( I could be corrected) too find out what you need.

On my Cisco 2620 I can use the show interfaces command,

try this command : show int ?

it then should look like this.

Cisco2620#show int ?

this should bring up the show command for all the interfaces which are installed on your router - like fast Ethernet or something modular

Youl need a full command something like this :

Cisco2620#show interfaces fa 0/0

yours will be different but you'll find out which interfaces you need by using the "?".

This should give you information that you need to know if not let me know.

you could also try "show ip int"

Chris

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm not brilliant at the Cisco Kit at the moment still learning so i'm not in the best position to be giving you advice on commands to run, I don't want to look like an idiot if i make an error lol! but, if you are with OPAL then they do look after Cisco kit them selves, not sure if there is a cost as i have not had to ask them before but I know full well that they can do it. Maybe it is worth speaking to the guys there and seeing if they can help you? I have a few contacts there myself, and speak to the Team Leaders on a regular basis so could ask a favour if it's needed i guess. :-) (For Ref: I speak to Chris Dobner who is the Team Leader, and one of there senior tech's Amol)

James.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the replies, i have run show int atm 0/0 and show int atm 0/1 and the attached notepad file is what i get.
    Attached Files Attached Files

bio
    Thank Post
    could you do a sh dsl int atm0/0 and sh dsl int atm0/1 and post output ?

bio..

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread