+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Moving away from Navaho in Technical; I've always been a fan of Navaho but recently the product has fallen way behind with the modern times. [ ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts

Moving away from Navaho

I've always been a fan of Navaho but recently the product has fallen way behind with the modern times. [ Still UNABLE to display docx file attachments correctly & when displaying pictures in E-mail, it does so at full screen depending on what res they were taken at. ]
    Also at the moment it's not displaying certain web sites correctly, and is seriously lacking other factors I won't go into here but getting replies from their help desk with the statement:

'There is a feature request / wishlist for the TeamCAT to be processed by the development
    team to provide a workaround for the issue. However, because this is not a bug or
    issue with the TeamCAT I cannot give a time scale for which the wishlist / feature
    request to be processed.'

Is wearing thin. We are now looking at possible alternatives - so come on, start chucking some alternatives at me......

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    Is this as in Digital Signage? If so its in the wrong forum..... and if it is Signage, I'd go for Xibo it seems a good tool or good old fashioned PowerPoint which works well for us

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Is this as in Digital Signage? If so its in the wrong forum..... and if it is Signage, I'd go for Xibo it seems a good tool or good old fashioned PowerPoint which works well for us
    No - mail / filtering / remote access

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    No - mail / filtering / remote access
    Ah right I didn't know they did that stuff as well , maybe that's the issue no-one knows of them for those things and thus they don't invest in fixing / upgrading / enhance it

Thank Post
    Smoothwall

6. Thanks to kmount from:

tom_newton (5th October 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmount View Post
    Smoothwall
    Thanks - one to add to my list for investigation.

Thank Post
    @mattx, I have not seen the Navaho system for a long long time, so it may have changed a lot. Sounds like you are using it in a very "integrated" way (ie. it is acting as a mail client?) - you may struggle to find a "drop in" replacement if that's the case, and it may even be the case that you are better off with a couple or 3 products from different vendors working together to cover all the bases.

As for us at SmoothWall - we can offer web filtering (thanks for the recommendation Kim!) and email anti-spam/anti-malware filtering. I'd be happy to offer you an evaluation copy - just fire me an email or PM and I will put you in touch with the right people.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_newton View Post
    @mattx, I have not seen the Navaho system for a long long time, so it may have changed a lot. Sounds like you are using it in a very "integrated" way (ie. it is acting as a mail client?) - you may struggle to find a "drop in" replacement if that's the case, and it may even be the case that you are better off with a couple or 3 products from different vendors working together to cover all the bases.

As for us at SmoothWall - we can offer web filtering (thanks for the recommendation Kim!) and email anti-spam/anti-malware filtering. I'd be happy to offer you an evaluation copy - just fire me an email or PM and I will put you in touch with the right people.
    Indeed Tom, it's being used as a Mail client [ Web based ], firewall / Proxy / Anti-Spam [ when it gets it right, it's filtering is just bloody terrible ] & gateway for remote access to user's personal data. I have setup a few users so they can use outlook which makes their life a little easier but in regards to its other functionalities, it's way way behind and now is causing annoying problems. So if they refuse to address those what I think are 'basic' elements then we shall certainly be looking at alternatives.
    You are correct in regards to possibly looking at individual products but it would be nice to try and get at least two of them in one box. My other concern is that Navaho was in place when I joined many years ago so when it comes to moving over to a set of different products I will be in for a rather steep learning curve - still no pain, no gain !!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread