+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, IE8 - "A Program on your computer has corrupted your default search provider setting" in Technical; Hello, Got a strange one, i dont know if anyone has come across this before. I had a couple of ...

Thank Post

Angry IE8 - "A Program on your computer has corrupted your default search provider setting"

Hello,

Got a strange one, i dont know if anyone has come across this before. I had a couple of laptops, clean builds, put them on a Server 2003 domain. They where windows XP SP3 with IE8.

Logged onto the domain, rebooted and logged in as a user. Everytime I login as a new user I recieve the following error :

"A Program on your computer has corrupted your default search provider setting for Internet Explorer."

You then click on "OK", it opens up the Manage-Add ons windows, you click ok and never returns for that particular user on that particular machine"

I have tried all the fixes on google with adding a registry key, which already exists, and setting a GPO to stop the change to the search provider with no joy.

Thank Post
    Sorry to resurrect this thread but had a look for the folders but they dont exist and we have the same/similar problem. Used adm template to add default search providers, turned off search box but still the warning appears, given option to select a default (the one we have set) but selecting that gives a message that the setting is restricted (any idea which policy setting that is so we can chage it?). This is happening with all profiles, mandatory and roaming. Driving us insane here at the moment!

Thank Post
    Just an update, turns out it was just something that had been missed off in the change form the old server to the new server. It was looking at the application Data folder that was no longer available on the old server, changed the path, rebooted and all was fine.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread