+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Bypass Proxy for Addresses in Technical; We've recently received a trial for Symphony Maths (by Lexia I believe). This software needs to get to a couple ...

Thank Post

Bypass Proxy for Addresses

We've recently received a trial for Symphony Maths (by Lexia I believe). This software needs to get to a couple of addresses to check for updates/logon details etc etc. We're whitelisting students here, so I thought the best way to achieve this was to add the required sites to the 'bypass addresses' part of the GPO.

However, this doesn't seem to be applying. I've logged in as a student and tried browsing to the sites I added but they are still blocked. To test (and make sure it wasn't just the sites) I added ebay.co.uk to the list, but this didn't work either. I've tried forcing GPupdate on server/workstation, as well as deleting local profiles etc etc.

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot why this isn't being applied?

Thank Post
    Have you tried modelling the policy to make sure there are no other policies overriding the one you are updating?

Thank Post
    Have you checked you can get to the site without using a proxy in the first place - some systems only allow traffic from the proxy server to get out to the internet to stop people using unproxied browsers. You may need to make a change to your firewall in order to achieve this.

THanks

James

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by broc View Post
    Have you tried modelling the policy to make sure there are no other policies overriding the one you are updating?
    It's a CC3 network, and the policy is the standard one applied to student users so would assume this would be fine. Will try a new user account with a new GPO though and see how I get on.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesreedersmith View Post
    Have you checked you can get to the site without using a proxy in the first place
    I'll have a look...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread