+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, ie7pro in Technical; Does anyone use this Download IE7Pro if they do whats it like and do you like it also has a ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

ie7pro

Does anyone use this Download IE7Pro if they do whats it like and do you like it also has a proxy changer in it so I have been told.

coquet636
    I use this at home but purely for the spell checking software in it as my spelling is pretty bad but combined with really poor typing then submitting/sending without checking what i have typed it is invaluable...... never tried the other features like might have a look at them

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,626 Times in 1,936 Posts
    I used to use it at home, but the project is dead now. The developer doesn't seem to be interested in fixing the issues it has with IE8 so I wouldn't even bother.

Depending on what you need the proxy switcher for, you could use a proxy.pac file? There are a few threads on this forum with examples.
    Last edited by Arthur; 22nd May 2010 at 10:15 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,626 Times in 1,936 Posts
    ProxySwitch looks good too. It was created by an Edugeek member.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The problem we have is this we use a grid and because of that we have 3 proxys one normal one staff not to be used when teaching only for downloading esentials and then none for at home. getting the proxy to switch on and off is not a issue to change from one to another. at the moment i use a bat file which changes the registry. the problem this does not work with vista or 7 using a proxy.pac is fine but you are limited to the one proxy and cant change it. proxyswitch as far as i can see only turns proxy on and off. I hope this makes things a bit clearer. ( the bat fle is the origanal proxy canger from this site about 4 years ago. thank you

Thank Post
    I have created a little program in Visual Studio 2010 that simply ushers out a registry change, and this switches on/off the proxy and inputs the proxy address, this works in Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information