Hi guys n gals,

I wondered if i can pick your brains with a niggling problem we have in the school.

The set up is as follows;

Server 2003 R2, ISA 2006 SP1. The server is our internet gateway server (proxy)
The clients have WinXP Pro SP3, IE7 and all pointing to the proxy.

An issue has arisen whereby a page cannot be displayed message comes up when you try to login to facebook. In the ISA logs i get a message saying "12209 The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy filter is denied." This is coming up with the user as anonymous, however i think this is supposed to happen?

Now we know IE is terrible for troubleshooting however if i use Google Chrome i get this message (Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): Unknown error)

My understanding of the relationship betweet client and ISA over SSL is that a request is made from the client of https and then ISA creates a secure gateway (SSL tunnel). The client then resends the information and all is well.

There is rules allowing access to these sites and also allowing access to HTTPS so as far as further troubleshooting goes i cant think of anything.

So far i've installed SP1 on ISA and done windows updates to the client. I also read somewhere it could be a challenge handshake problem between ISA and IE7 but i haven't heard of this.

Thanks,

Paul