+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, 'Next Generation Securus' in Technical; Hmmm. There must be a solution out there for large scale write-only... maybe some sort of tape... Bill - if ...

Thank Post
    Hmmm. There must be a solution out there for large scale write-only... maybe some sort of tape... Bill - if I see one, you will be first to know

Thank Post
    Worm on HDD is apparently a possibility - not sure how well that works or how it works - KOM Networks - Fixed Content Hard Disk Archiving (e-WORM) and http://intelligent-enterprise.inform...cleID=18200855 are two bits on it.

Edit: Just found another possibility for Linux based systems - there's also windows and mac toolkits on same site - http://www.softarch.com/EN/SDK/SDKLinuxAppliWorm.html

Thanks for your number Bill, I'll give you a bell later today if that's OK, bit busy here at present (and my tech's out for the next couple of hours).

Cheers

Will
    Last edited by Willott; 9th February 2010 at 09:34 AM.

Thank Post
    Regarding a VM Version. We have several virtual machines and we use Veeam to snaphot them to a trio of seperate servers which between then have 12Tb of storage. If we had a 350Gb Virtual Securus we could snapshot that to a 1Tb drive on one of these servers and if there was an incident then that 1Tb drive could be handed to the police. Our current system would remian intact and uninterrupted and the police would have the raw data on the physical 1Tb Drive. Granted they will need a virtual envoronment and a copy of Veeam to recover it to but as some of the naughty people out there are using virtual machines in an attempt to hide what they are doing I feel certain that somehwere in the country the police will have access to this technology.

With pressure on my department to reduce electricity bills a virtual solution fits in with our current strategy whereas purchasing a new server (we are currently not with Securus but considering our options) goes completely against this approach.

I know securus will provide an evaluation physical box so I would like to ask if you will be offering a VM based evaluation option as when our current solution comes up for renewal (Nov this year) I would have liked the opportunity to have evaluated other solutions to ensure we are getting "best value for money".
    Last edited by BrotherSidious; 23rd June 2010 at 01:19 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherSidious View Post
    Regarding a VM Version. We have several virtual machines and we use Veeam to snaphot them to a trio of seperate servers which between then have 12Tb of storage. If we had a 350Gb Virtual Securus we could snapshot that to a 1Tb drive on one of these servers and if there was an incident then that 1Tb drive could be handed to the police. Our current system would remian intact and uninterrupted and the police would have the raw data on the physical 1Tb Drive. Granted they will need a virtual envoronment and a copy of Veeam to recover it to but as some of the naughty people out there are using virtual machines in an attempt to hide what they are doing I feel certain that somehwere in the country the police will have access to this technology.

With pressure on my department to reduce electricity bills a virtual solution fits in with our current strategy whereas purchasing a new server (we are currently not with Securus but considering our options) goes completely against this approach.

I know securus will provide an evaluation physical box so I would like to ask if you will be offering a VM based evaluation option as when our current solution comes up for renewal (Nov this year) I would have liked the opportunity to have evaluated other solutions to ensure we are getting "best value for money".
    Might be better to pose your question directly to Securus either by email or on the phone in case Bill isn't checking this thread now.

Just installed Securus NG here and it's pretty sweet!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234