+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Web Hosting Recommendations please in Technical; ...
    Thank Post

Web Hosting Recommendations please

Currently, our website is hosted with Nildram along with our domain name and our mail server etc. We only have 40mb of website space at the mo with Nildram and to add an extra 10mb it costs us £10 a month and we are looking for a lot more space.

Can anyone recommend a web hosting site that we can upload our website to using dreamweaver to a microsoft server at nildram via ftp via dreamweaver. We arent bothered about email addresses with the package as nildram will still be hosting this. We need to notify nildram about our move so they can set a pointer up for our domain name to the new host.

Thanks

Tim

Thank Post
    IT COSTS YOU HOW MUCH FOR 10MB??

So, essentially, they sell their disk space as £1/mb .. I should revise my own hosting prices, I'd make an absolute killing if I could get away with it! Do they have direct access to your very own technician for that price (like no one else can use that technician and they're at your disposal 24/7?)

Anyway .. onto my recommendation .. I use WebHostingBuzz (Web Hosting, Reseller and VPS Hosting, Dedicated Servers, Shared Web Hosting by WebHostingBuzz - Virtual Private Server, VDS, cPanel/WHM Linux Servers, Business Hosting, Reseller Web Hosting) to host my reseller package which I use for hosting my design clients sites and the occassional a.n.other site. They have excellent customer service and for less than the £10 / month it would cost you to upgrade you could get their Gold Package for single customer hosting (4 free domains, 1250GB disk space, 20000GB/month bandwidth, etc).

3. Thanks to soveryapt from:

timbo343 (18th November 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanks will have a look at that

Yeah, £10 per 10mb. See here: Nildram UK - Shared Hosting - Windows webspace

Thank Post
    Check out csnewmedia CS New Media Web Hosting - UK Based Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS & Dedicated Servers. We've hosted with them for nearly two years now and not only are their prices good, but Carl's support is amongst the best I've had...

6. 2 Thanks to Netman:

CSNM-Carl (18th November 2009), timbo343 (18th November 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aptproductions View Post
    IT COSTS YOU HOW MUCH FOR 10MB??

So, essentially, they sell their disk space as £1/mb .. I should revise my own hosting prices, I'd make an absolute killing if I could get away with it! Do they have direct access to your very own technician for that price (like no one else can use that technician and they're at your disposal 24/7?)

Anyway .. onto my recommendation .. I use WebHostingBuzz (Web Hosting, Reseller and VPS Hosting, Dedicated Servers, Shared Web Hosting by WebHostingBuzz - Virtual Private Server, VDS, cPanel/WHM Linux Servers, Business Hosting, Reseller Web Hosting) to host my reseller package which I use for hosting my design clients sites and the occassional a.n.other site. They have excellent customer service and for less than the £10 / month it would cost you to upgrade you could get their Gold Package for single customer hosting (4 free domains, 1250GB disk space, 20000GB/month bandwidth, etc).
    Great they have excellent service, but they are overselling resources that they cannot offer you. 1250GB of disk space per customer for less than $11!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CSNM-Carl View Post
    Great they have excellent service, but they are overselling resources that they cannot offer you. 1250GB of disk space per customer for less than $11!
    Quote Originally Posted by WebHostingBuzz Support Site
    I pay my ISP 10 times more and have very little web space and bandwidth. How can you provide tons of space and bandwidth and still remain in business? Are you overselling the network resources?

Solution
    We do not oversell our network resources unlike other ISPs and Web Hosts. We utilize a scalable web hosting technology which means that our resources can be expanded as needed. Unlike other web hosts, who have limited resources per server, we at WebHostingBuzz have the complete control over our network resources and all machines are optimized and designed in such a way that it gives us the ability to expand our web space and bandwidth needs to our desired levels while keeping the costs of deployment at its minimum.
    So, although technically yes, should all their customers at once request all that space, they would be able to supply it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Netman View Post
    Check out csnewmedia CS New Media Web Hosting - UK Based Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS & Dedicated Servers. We've hosted with them for nearly two years now and not only are their prices good, but Carl's support is amongst the best I've had...
    Another vote for CS New Media.

Support is second to none (even when the problem is my own fault Carl )

Thank Post
    We've been using Postive Internet for a couple of years now and we're very happy with the service.

Mind you, we migrated from FastHosts and a server connected via bellwire sitting in a puddle of herpes would have been an improvement.

Thank Post
    Do it yourself with Slicehost

Slicehost - VPS Hosting

Thank Post
    I use evohosting.co.uk for several websites. Uk based, excellent customer service, cpanel, instant joomla etc. Oh, and very competitive prices.

Oh, and if you do go with evohosting, then please let me know as we'll both get money off.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SC-UK View Post
    Another vote for CS New Media.

Support is second to none (even when the problem is my own fault Carl )
    And another all round good things to say about CSnewmedia!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 920 Posts
    Another very happy CS New Media person here Highly recommend Carl

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    yep def give Carl @ CS New Media a shout great guy

Thank Post
    I've used UK2.Net for years. Never had a problem except when I break it and then the support is second to none

Thank Post
    I use Tsohost Web Hosting - ASP .NET, MSSQL, PHP, MySQL Support - Domain Registration - Dedicated Servers - Cloud Hosting they are great!!

I pay £4.99 a month (you can pay yearly). It is very responsive when connecting to the site and its fast when uploading via ftp.

Cant really fault it

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast