+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, New ISA 2006 Enterprise Install - No Array Rules Work, Enterprise Default Denies Them in Technical; Hello everyone! I'm working on trying to solve an issue with my ISA server here. First off, I'm extremely new ...
    Thank Post

New ISA 2006 Enterprise Install - No Array Rules Work, Enterprise Default Denies Them

Hello everyone!

I'm working on trying to solve an issue with my ISA server here. First off, I'm extremely new to ISA, and I'm trying to configure it as a Reverse Proxy as you guys recommended so I can get several servers behind it all under same port numbers with a single IP address. So! With that out of the way, I'm working on getting some policies installed on the thing to test it. I'm using ISA 2006 Enterprise installed on a single box [configuration storage server and ISA firewall on the same box] so when I open the ISA Server Management I see both the Enterprise policies at the top left and Array's [with my single ISA server] down the left just below it. The problem is that I cannot for the life of me make an Array policy that isn't denied by the default Deny rules under the Enterprise rules. I created a second Enterprise Policy with the name of the server, and went to the Array firewall properties and told it to use that enterprise policy instead of the default one. But that won't work either as by default every Enterprise policy seems to be created with the Deny rule. That's totally ok, I understand why the Deny rule is there for security to block out everything except what's specifically allowed, however I can't make a single Array policy that works. If I create a policy however such as allow RDP access to the ISA server from an IP address [my home network], I have to create that policy under enterprise policies. If I create both an Array firewall rule, and an enterprise policy rule, disable one, then disable the other, I've found only the enterprise one works, if just the array rule is on, the log says that the Default Deny rule is stopping the connection.

I'd really really really appreciate some help with this one, I'm very confused and would love to get this up and running soon. Here's the full post I've been making at ISAServer.org, also not yet answered.

Thanks so much!

Thank Post
    Hi. I'm having the same issue in isa 2006 EE. Did you ever find the answer?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread