I have a problem with a new ISA 2006 Server which I installed over the Summer Holidays. Internet access appeared to be a little slow this morning so I decided to do a test with speedtest.net and I got 5Mb through our ISA 2006 - if I connect a computer directly to our ADSL router I get 15MB I did not do a speedtest when it was first setup so I donít have a base reference to go from but as the test when directly connected to the ADSL router is much faster I know the problem is somewhere in the ISA environment.
So far I have -
changed the network cables
changed the ports in the network switch
updated the network drivers on the ISA Server
stopped Websense Internet Filtering Service and re-run a speedtest
ISA Best practices analyser does not highlight anything
All of the above donít improve the speedtests, I'm sure it's something in the ISA server Config but I'm a newbie to ISA Server and used the Edge Firewall Template to configure it. Server Spec is Server 2003 RC2, ISA 2006, Quad Core Xeon 2.6GB, 4GB RAM, 2x Intel Pro/1000 EB Nics, SAS Disk Drives. Old ISA server was Server 2003, ISA 2004, P4 with 2GB RAM, Broadcom GBit Nics, SCSI disks and was able to do much faster speedtests.