+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Cachepilot woes: AD, selective filtering in Technical; Hi there, I'm having some awkward problems with our Cachepilot at the moment, I've tried a few things but I'm ...
    Thank Post

Cachepilot woes: AD, selective filtering

Hi there, I'm having some awkward problems with our Cachepilot at the moment, I've tried a few things but I'm getting nowhere. Could anybody suggest something I've not done yet?

Briefly: Cachepilot 4.1.8, AD integration which up until this week has been working fine. Now though, the Pupils content filtering seems to be very inconsistent.

As far as I can see, some users are filtered no problem, some are totally ignored by the Cachepilot (don't even show up in the Web Filter Log).

However, some computers also seem to be the cause of this: Where one user can access, say, Youtube (which is blocked for the Pupils) and another can't, swap the computers the users are logged onto and the person who was previously blocked can now access Youtube, and vice versa.

I've checked the AD settings in the cachepilot, they seem to be fine (I updated the admin password to make sure, the logs state that AD integration was successful, see below).

I've checked the TCP/IP settings on the affected computers, all are DHCP coming from the DC and are similar to each other (IPs aren't, obviously).

I've gpupdate /force 'd all the affected computers. This produced mixed results in the ICT room: one PC started being filtered properly, the rest didn't, even after 3 or 4 reboot/logons.

I've rejoined some of the PCs to the domain, just to make sure. No difference there.

Any ideas? If you need more info, just let me know, this is really getting annoying now, especially as the phone keeps ringing with reports of more kids getting on Youtube :P

Many thanks in advance,
    Michael

Cachepilot AD-related System Log:

Oct 6 11:55:14 winbind: winbindd shutdown succeeded
    Oct 6 11:55:14 kinit: Password for admin@SCHOOL.CO.UK:
    Oct 6 11:55:14 winbind: Obtaining Kerberos ticket for school.co.uk: succeeded
    Oct 6 11:55:14 net: [2009/10/06 11:55:14, 0] libads/ldap.c:ads_add_machine_acct(1405)
    Oct 6 11:55:14 net: ads_add_machine_acct: Host account for np-6e-0d-d9-web already exists - modifying old account
    Oct 6 11:55:15 net: Using short domain name -- SCHOOL
    Oct 6 11:55:15 net: Joined 'NP-6E-0D-D9-WEB' to realm 'SCHOOL.CO.UK'
    Oct 6 11:55:15 winbind: Joining school.co.uk domain: succeeded
    Oct 6 11:55:15 winbind: winbindd startup succeeded
    Oct 6 11:55:15 squid[1391]: Squid Parent: child process 1393 exited due to signal 9
    Oct 6 11:55:17 squid[12097]: Squid Parent: child process 12099 started

Thank Post

Cachepilot woes: AD, selective filtering

Why not contact Equiinet support on Monday, (support@equiinet.com or 01793603747) I am sure they will be able to help you out.

Thank Post
    Yeah, I think that's the only way by the sounds of things, I was just wondering if anyone had had the same problem and it was an easy fix

Thanks for the info though!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread