+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, OFSTED blocked by BGFL in Technical; Originally Posted by localzuk All I can say is - at least you know you had things filtered. When email ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,699 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    All I can say is - at least you know you had things filtered. When email gets filtered by our LEA here, we don't know about it until the sender complains via phone. We then have to contact the LEA helpdesk and get their bods to search their logs by hand to find it.

So, I've lost a massive amount of mail over time, I now get people to send faxes for most cases!
    Are you with SWGfL? We have just set up a user and organised all filtered emails to be sent to it so that we can see what the problem was. I don't think it helps with things like hotmail but it does mean that we can see a bit better what is going on

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Are you with SWGfL? We have just set up a user and organised all filtered emails to be sent to it so that we can see what the problem was. I don't think it helps with things like hotmail but it does mean that we can see a bit better what is going on
    Staff email in Somerset is handled by the LEA/SouthWestOne. Pupil email is via easymail. So we get filtered email sent to an address for easymail but staff is a black hole at county level.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    The answer is probably been blocked somewhere
    I wouldnt joke, it probably has!
    Just to clarify BGFL appear to filter in two different ways (as far as I can see). Either blocking domains completely, such as yahoo.com so irrelevant of content the e-mail is rejected and the sender receives a postmaster message. The e-mail doesn't even get to the filtering list or the e-mail selectively gets added to the filter list by magic!

It is absolutely ridiculous, because I bet the majority of schools in Birmingham have their enquiry e-mail listed in the header of all letters, but what's the point if the e-mail will get rejected?

Thank Post
    Is there a Birmingham MP willing to chase it up? That does seem more retarded than most LA mail screwups.

Thank Post
    The software is doing exactly what it is supposed to do. The problem is that it has not been configured to take into account the customers needs. When policy central was first brought out it was tested in schools and this highlighted numerous problems which forced a rethink and eventually a new version which although not perfect is adaptable to the needs of the organisation.

It seems that prior testing on this product was skimped on and we are now suffering as a result. As paying customers Link2ICT need to realise that we are not prepared to accept a poor service and there will be consequences.

Thank Post
    Ha ha - I have my Policy Central emails blocked. One day it was working and then back around March sometime it just stopped.

So now i dont get any PCE emails at all. . .

Great!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12