+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Providing Internet Access for Apple MACs in Technical; We have 6 Apple I-MACs; and I've been asked to provide them with internet access. Currently the MACs are setup ...
    Thank Post

Providing Internet Access for Apple MACs

We have 6 Apple I-MACs; and I've been asked to provide them with internet access.

Currently the MACs are setup as stand alone; with no authentication provider (i.e. no link to MS AD)

We use a ISA Server and Websense for filtering on our Windows network but the Server requires authentication for internet access and when a MAC is restricted it does not ask to provide a username and password.

Just wondering if there is an easier way of providing filtered internet access to our MACs ?

If anyone has cracked this already can you provide details on how you have done this..

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by towen View Post
    We have 6 Apple I-MACs; and I've been asked to provide them with internet access.

Currently the MACs are setup as stand alone; with no authentication provider (i.e. no link to MS AD)

We use a ISA Server and Websense for filtering on our Windows network but the Server requires authentication for internet access and when a MAC is restricted it does not ask to provide a username and password.

Just wondering if there is an easier way of providing filtered internet access to our MACs ?

If anyone has cracked this already can you provide details on how you have done this..

I have a lot of macs in my school and all of them are members of the domain, anyway he internet setup is as easy as filling in the proxy box in the network settings menu, the saphari or whichever browser will request the authentication automatically and then the users will be filtered as normal...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread