+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Any Online Room Bookings for schools?... in Technical; Hi All, newbie here. We are currently using an antiquated pen-and-paper system, and I just want to ask and see ...
    Thank Post

Unhappy Any Online Room Bookings for schools?...

Hi All,

newbie here. We are currently using an antiquated pen-and-paper system, and I just want to ask and see if anyone would recommend an online room booking system for our school, that is:

a) Online
    b) easy to use
    c) Customisable
    d) visual
    e) can export statistics (room booking amount, etc.)

I have seen that wholeschool.tv do room booking software, and I am also interested in:

Room Booking System - Online Resource Scheduling Software for Schools

and maybe BOB from:

Free online multi week timetable room booking system for schools & colleges

has anyone tried these, and are they any good?

All the best,

Simon

Thank Post
    What about MRBS

Thank Post
    I haven't turned back since using MRBS. I must admit, I didn't like the default theme as it was lacking some features, however I have heavily modified it over the years to suit our needs (only thing I haven't done yet is a mod for 2-week timetables).

I still hack bits now and then though, and there are areas of our's unfinished, but the main thing is it has alot of potential. Even then, the vanilla version still does the basic job (and will still be far improved than the paper system you have now).

Screenshots below are actually of MRBS, just with ALOT of modification! I added a completely new module so that you get an account section when you login, and an area where you can see all your bookings (overview).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dgsmith; 24th April 2009 at 08:21 AM.

4. Thanks to dgsmith from:

mossj (22nd April 2009)

Thank Post
    Have a look at this... Its a bit basic but does the job here very well.

Booking System Web Site.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dgsmith View Post
    I haven't turned back since using MRBS. I must admit, I didn't like the default theme as it was lacking some features, however I have heavily modified it over the years to suit our needs (only thing I haven't done yet is a mod for 2-week timetables).

I still hack bits now and then though, and there are areas of our's unfinished, but the main thing is it has alot of potential. Even then, the vanilla version still does the basic job (and will still be far improved than the paper system you have now).

Screenshots below are actually of MRBS, just with ALOT of modification! I added a completely new module so that you get an account section when you login, and an area where you can see all your bookings (overview).
    How well do updates go after all the modification? Do source files over-write the changes or does it work quite well?

Also an australian company has written a plugin for MRBS that allows it to be used via iCal. Has anyone found the code or used this or even managed to do this themselves? If so how?

Thanks.

Thank Post
    we use the roombookingsystem.co.uk here and think it is first class, really easy to use and the staff love it

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HodgeHi View Post
    How well do updates go after all the modification? Do source files over-write the changes or does it work quite well?
    In the case of the screenshots above, this isn't a problem as they are custom php files which didn't have any original in MRBS, so they wont be overwritten.

However, I have also modified original MRBS php files (like to prevent viewing data so many weeks in advance, and to assign staff to their department, and for that department to have access to a particular week first). In this instances, the code would be deleted during an upgrade, so we still use the older version of MRBS!

Thank Post
    MRBS here and the Bill Cosby Jumper Club find it easy to use.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo343 View Post
    Have a look at this... Its a bit basic but does the job here very well.

Booking System Web Site.
    Another vote for this here.

Thank Post

That looks great how willing would you be to releasing the modified files? I know many use MRBS here so am guessing many would be interested including me!

Thank Post

Care to share?

p.s just make sure you don't pay for online booking, MRBS is the best out there as far as I can tell atm and is free.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mullet_man View Post
    That looks great how willing would you be to releasing the modified files?
    Quote Originally Posted by mossj View Post
    Care to share?
    No problem, I have attached my bookings.php file (had to rename to .txt as it wont accept .php file type). This is only the code that will allow the overview booking so you would have to create your own account area if you wanted (the code in the attachment is the same pretty much as "the next 5" bookings in the account area.

Not sure about it showing next 50 though, it seems to show them all. By all means, if someone can improve upon what I have done and release their own modified version then i'm sure that would be appreciated too!

The one I have uploaded works on mrbs 1.4.1, however if you want it on mrbs 1.2, then you need to swap the commented lines over on 2 parts (you can see in the source where I have put a line for 1.2 and 1.4). Not tested fully on 1.4 (as we use 1.2) however on my test install it seems to work ok.
    Attached Files Attached Files

14. 2 Thanks to dgsmith:

HodgeHi (23rd April 2009), mullet_man (24th April 2009)

Thank Post
    Cool. We could go into building our own Edugeek Booking system based on MRBS

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HodgeHi View Post
    Cool. We could go into building our own Edugeek Booking system based on MRBS
    Or help with Classroombookings...

17. 2 Thanks to webman:

eean (29th June 2009), HodgeHi (23rd April 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    Or help with Classroombookings...
    Would if I considered my php skills good enough...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast