+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Smoothwall - Network Guardian Temp Bypass Feature in Technical; First - thanks again for all the answers to my questions in various threads on the Smoothwall products. So far ...

Thank Post

Smoothwall - Network Guardian Temp Bypass Feature

First - thanks again for all the answers to my questions in various threads on the Smoothwall products. So far I have been extremely impressed - the filtering is outstanding!

Just trying to work through a few last quirks from what I am used to before pushing the buy button.

Today's question - I have the Smoothwall using Active Directory authentication. When a user is presented with the Temporary Bypass option - is this supposed to be mapped to an Active Directory username and password or will it only take ID's created under System - Administration?

It appears that Active Directory users and Local User are different that the user's allowed to perform the Temporary Bypass and Add URL to Category option?

Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

Scott

Thank Post
    Yes, because the temporary bypass and add to whitelist features are effectively changing the filter policy, they require smoothwall admin users, as set in System > Administration > Passwords / Administrative Users. In here you can set specific roles for the users, so you can give them just the ability to unblock sites or temporary bypass.

HTH,

Rob.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread