+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, cPanel install behind RM Proxy/Firewall - anyone managed this? in Technical; I'll post this here as I feel it's more of a Firewall issue than a Web development issue - but ...

Thank Post

cPanel install behind RM Proxy/Firewall - anyone managed this?

I'll post this here as I feel it's more of a Firewall issue than a Web development issue - but if not, please move it.

Has anyone tried setting up (or has running) cPanel behind an RM Proxy/Firewall (supplied by SWGfL)?

I have been supplied with an external IP which allows me to access my cPanel installation from the Web - but I don't necessarily need to be able to do this as all I'm trying to do is set it up so it can be accessed internally but fulflll their licensing requirement of having it available to the net.

The problem is, I can access it fine using this IP address but it's not the IP the software "sees", and as this IP also dynamically changes this causes the license activation to fail as its not the IP address their licensing portal is expecting to see. If I change the IP on their licensing portal to the one "seen" by the software, it'll activate fine and I can use cPanel fine until the IP changes at which point cPanel drops back to 'Trial Mode'.

The person at RM I've been conversing with seems adamant that these changing IPs are Proxy Server IPs and that I should be using my original supplied IP, but it doesn't work this way at all and I'm losing my patience over trying to figure out how to solve this.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be really happy to know.

Thank Post
    I'd say that each time you browse the internet, you'll get a different IP, depending on which RM proxy server you're routed through. I'm not sure of a way around this unless they can force traffic through a single proxy. Are cPanel able to advise?

Thank Post
    Apologies I haven't replied to this sooner - haven't been able to devote much time to it over the last few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Are cPanel able to advise?
    They've more or less echoed what you've said and that I need to work with RM to get the traffic not routed through their proxies, which at present is easier said than done. However, cPanel have given me something I can try firing back to RM just to see what they say.

Thank Post
    Only other option might be to get yourself on site filtering, and do away with SafetyNet altogether. More cost though.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread