+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Staff TV Software? in Technical; My school has recently decided to buy a big flat screen for our staff room without really deciding why they ...

Thank Post

Staff TV Software?

My school has recently decided to buy a big flat screen for our staff room without really deciding why they want it. They like the idea of using it as a digital notice/message board for staff, Does anyone have any idea of software that might be good for this?
    ideally I would want staff to be able to update it themselves either on the TV itself or from another comp on the network..

Thank Post
    Xibo, but it would also need a client machine (we use cheapo Android dongles) and a server.

Thank Post
    Download and extract the archiveThe CMS archive contains a sub folder called Xibo-server-1.6.2, copy this folder into your web root and rename as necessary. In the simpliest of web server configurations the name of this folder will be the name of the URL you use to access the CMS. For exammple: "http://localhost/your target folder name"
    At this point we should also make a folder for the CMS library. This will be used to store images, videos and other file based media that is uploaded to the CMS. Once created make a note of the path as the CMS installation will require this information.

Thanks, I've got to this point and I'm not sure where it's asking me to copy it too?

Thank Post
    The web root on an LAMPS server is usually : /var/www - so you would extract the archive into /var/www/xibo. The CMS library can be anywhere, it will need permissions so that the user associated with the web server is able to read/write (Again on LAMPS usually www-data). I put the CMS away from the web root but in /var (so /var/xibo_data). You also need a mysql DB made ready.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread