+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Smoothwall 407, Safari in Technical; Hi everyone, Very recently started experiencing a problem with my Mac suite, no longer allowing students to access HTTPS sites. ...

Thank Post

Smoothwall 407, Safari

Hi everyone,

Very recently started experiencing a problem with my Mac suite, no longer allowing students to access HTTPS sites. Proxy settings are forced via WGM for both HTTP and HTTPS, a new user account is challenged to provide NTLM authentication during logon for keychain storage and retrieval during browsing with safari. When a student browses to a site that requires HTTPS I get a web filter log in smoothwall with code 407, and safari just sits there with a blank page and doesnt appear to retrieve keychain credentials or challenge for new credentials.

I have tried deleting the user account and recreating and also just deleting the keychain which hasnt worked. If I bypass HTTPS proxy it works fine, but obviously bypasses filtering... anyone have any suggestions? Short of completely reimaging the suite, i'm a bit stumped on this one... No OS X or Smoothwall updates have been done that I am aware of.

Thanks!

Thank Post
    Called Smoothwall about this and was escalated to 2nd line support, so still awaiting a response.

Managed to figure out a workaround in the meantime, grouping the clients with the problem into their own location in smoothwall and applying a new authentication scheme to them, forcing them through student filtering, so the access challenge is now met by the smoothwall instead of waiting for the client to respond.

Works for me for the time being!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread