+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Limiting Google Apps to one domain in Technical; We've gone down the google apps route for email and vle - and we originally had our smoothwall box working ...
    Thank Post

Limiting Google Apps to one domain

We've gone down the google apps route for email and vle - and we originally had our smoothwall box working so that you could only access the school's gmail domain and not personal ones.

Now this seems to have stopped working and people can access their personal gmail accounts as well. I've got this logged with smoothwall but not a lot is happening.

If anyone else has got a setup like this working I would be interested to know what policies etc you put in place?

OB1

Thank Post
    Google Logins are done over https.
    IIRC you're not using Decrypt and Inspect. (This may have changed).
    If you're not, that's your problem.
    If you are, then there's a policy issue, probably something in a Whitelist that shouldn't be.

Thank Post
    HTTPS inspection is on and has been for some time - it inspects the google.com domain as per the instructions I found on here regarding the same setup.

Policies haven't changed as such - the only recent change is our smoothwall box went funny and blocked all google searchs - this was eventually found to be down to the Enable nossl search option - which was disabled by smoothwall support. That fixed the google search error, but stopped the google apps domain restriction from working.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    HTTPS inspection is on and has been for some time - it inspects the google.com domain as per the instructions I found on here regarding the same setup.

Policies haven't changed as such - the only recent change is our smoothwall box went funny and blocked all google searchs - this was eventually found to be down to the Enable nossl search option - which was disabled by smoothwall support. That fixed the google search error, but stopped the google apps domain restriction from working.
    Sounds like the blanket 'Allow Google' fix has been applied which supersedes the domain specific regex. What is your reference no and I'll check with the engineer?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread