+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Business Broadband for the school in Technical; Im looking at moving away from the LEA for our broadband and TalkTalk seem to be coming out cheapest for ...
    Thank Post

Business Broadband for the school

Im looking at moving away from the LEA for our broadband and TalkTalk seem to be coming out cheapest for a new supplier. Does anyone have any experience with TalkTalk Business in a school environment? I have a bit of fibre run straight from the BT Exchange a mile away into my server room already so should be any install issues.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,463 Posts
    We bought service from RM who used Talk Talk to provide the connectivity it was a much faster and stable connection than we ever got from the LEA that's not to say we never had any problems but they were few and far between.

Ben

3. Thanks to plexer from:

DSapseid (1st May 2014)

Thank Post
    They cant be worse than our lea line thats my way of looking at it! I just like the idea of having complete control over which ports are open rather a form filling exercise and 4+ week wait.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Drop me a PM if you want to discuss some broadband options that I can offer you

I'm sure we'd be able to help.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Depends upon where you are and who is the strongest provider in your area. At my last school based in SW London, we opted for Virgin to provide us with 100Mb over a 1Gb bearer.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DSapseid View Post
    Im looking at moving away from the LEA for our broadband and TalkTalk seem to be coming out cheapest for a new supplier. Does anyone have any experience with TalkTalk Business in a school environment? I have a bit of fibre run straight from the BT Exchange a mile away into my server room already so should be any install issues.
    Hi, Talk Talk is one of the fibre infrastructure networks we use as an ISP. This does not mean we resell Talks Talks ISP service, but rather have use of their fibre infrastructure in the same way we do Openreach and other fibre infrastructure suppliers to get from our customers network/building to one of our data centres. If you would like to speak to us about it, or to get a quote just PM me, or if you would like to speak to some of our schools who are using us on the TT network again just PM me and I am happy to put you in touch. Quite a few of them are edugeek members too.

On a non-sales related, just talking about the experience of the TT network. I cannot say specifically about when you buy from TT (the ISP) as that is a different service, but from a network we and our customers have never had any issue on it, but then again we do provide it on a 1:1 basis! Hope this helps and was not too salesy.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread