+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Wireless Routers (home) - Slows to a halt, pulling my hair out! in Technical; Originally Posted by abillybob I have the RT-AC68U, but as I only have DSL broadband I bought a TP Link ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post
    I have the RT-AC68U, but as I only have DSL broadband I bought a TP Link modem that sits next to it. My little brother had a Belkin dongle and all he did was experience problems with the thing. I upgraded him to an Asus Wi-Fi USB Dongle with 5Ghz support from PC World and that works flawlessly. Although I would almost always go for a PCI one with 5Ghz support we use the in the school TP-Link ones from Amazon and they work very well never any issues.

In my laptop I have a Broadcomm AC Wifi adapter and that works really well one of the best in our house and is super quick when transferring files from my home server! What I would say though is upgrade the router when you get it but don't jump from for example version 1 to the latest version 6 update from 1 to 2 then to 3 and so on until you get to the latest version otherwise you can really mess the router up I found out the hard way and had to send it back.
    Hm, I may have to consider the 66U rather than the 68U - will see what the wallet says! But looks great, and thanks for the upgrading tip. Just checked and they all all support PPPoE as well so that's a relief (I'm on BT Infinity, unfortunately!)

EDIT: Turns out I'm getting my petrol expenses back this month so the 68U is on the cards, yay! It will go along with this beauty: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/networ...35833-pdt.html
    Last edited by Fleetwood; 24th April 2014 at 10:02 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12