+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Exchange 2010/Forefront TMG in Technical; Dear All Hoping someone with Exchange experience can help me here. We are currently in the process of moving over ...
    aac

Thank Post

Exchange 2010/Forefront TMG

Dear All

Hoping someone with Exchange experience can help me here. We are currently in the process of moving over to a Smoothwall UTM-1000 for both Firewall & Filtering. Our current setup is using Forefront TMG for Firewall & Filtering and we have an Exchange Server (2010 Sp3) running the Hub Transport, Client Access and Mailbox roles on it. We want to decommission our TMG server and replace it with our new Smoothwall box but have hit the snag that we have the Edge Trabsport role for Exchange server installed on the TMG server and whenever we turn off the TMG server Exchange cannot send/receive anymore. Can someone explain what we need to do in order to keep mailflow running when the TMG is decommissioned. From what I understand the Edge Transport role isn't actually a requirement for Exchange to function and is used for Anti-Spam etc... so why/what do we need to do in order for Exchange to function alone.

We will use Smoothwall for Anti-Spam once we are finally able to move over...
    Last edited by aac; 29th March 2014 at 07:36 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like this, as it is fulfilling the edge role, it is also your mx in the exchange outgoing mail. I also have tmg, but not using the edge role, so my outgoing mail points to the mx record at our isp. Is it outgoing, incoming or both affected? Incoming will need a rule on sw to forward smtp to your exchange as this will be at an external IP on your tmg at the mo, which im expecting has a rule to forward to a server ip.

aac

Thank Post
    Thanks for your response TheScarfedOne. It is affecting both incoming and outgoing.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread