+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Link2ICT - Notice Period? in Technical; Hi lads and lasses, Does anybody know if there's a notice period for cancelling Link2ICT's internet connection? This information is ...

Thank Post

Link2ICT - Notice Period?

Hi lads and lasses,

Does anybody know if there's a notice period for cancelling Link2ICT's internet connection? This information is proving to be troublesome to get from Link themselves!

Cheers

Thank Post
    I believe it is 60 days but @Michael may know better.

Thank Post
    Uh-oh! Thanks!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    It's 3 months officially, however seeing as you pay for 12 months, it shouldn't make any difference. They may support you until you cross over to your next provider. I very much doubt they'll just cut schools off, put it that way

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lparton View Post
    Hi lads and lasses,

Does anybody know if there's a notice period for cancelling Link2ICT's internet connection? This information is proving to be troublesome to get from Link themselves!

Cheers
    Who have you decided to go with, out of curiosity? PM if you like!

Thank Post
    Is it possible to ask them for a 6 month only connection instead of paying for a 12 month period as I am planning on moving and we are at renewal time. I don;t really want to pay them for a full 12 months at their rip off prices.

Thank Post
    Possibly but I would get on your phone with your account manager now to make sure. Let me know if you can as this is something that I may look into.

Thank Post
    I have a meeting on Friday with him. He's really gonna get a good rant from me. I will let you know what he says about the 6 month thing. If i forget just PM me to remind me. Thanks.

Thank Post
    Yeah you can get 6 months - I did it just last year as a transition period to our new supplier

Thank Post
    Well I've had the meeting and they seemed very reluctant to allow for a 6 month period for the internet connectivity. Their rep said he'll see and get back to me so i'm not sure where we stand really.

They seemed to keep trying to push me to their super expensive 100mb for £10K

I am seriously looking at moving and will probably do so if they do allow for 6 months, if not then at the next renewal period next year. Bunch of rip off merchants link2ict are.

Thank Post
    Of course they are reluctant! Feel free to use me as reference if they give you any grief about 6 months as they did it for me just last year.
    Just make sure your replacement connection is in and running before then, don't believe the lead times, BGFL use Virgin connections, if you are moving to another provider then they will probably need to blow a fibre to your premises.... if a duct has collapsed or new pole needs putting up anywhere you could be waiting 6 months just for the line to go in (thanks OpenReach!)
    Chris

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Synkrox View Post
    Of course they are reluctant! Feel free to use me as reference if they give you any grief about 6 months as they did it for me just last year.
    Just make sure your replacement connection is in and running before then, don't believe the lead times, BGFL use Virgin connections, if you are moving to another provider then they will probably need to blow a fibre to your premises.... if a duct has collapsed or new pole needs putting up anywhere you could be waiting 6 months just for the line to go in (thanks OpenReach!)
    Chris
    Can I ask who did you go with for ISP? I'm thinking of going with EXANET. Can you also PM me which school in Birmingham so that I can mention you should the need arise.

Also link2ict were reluctant to provide me with a solution to access services like CRISP and FCS. How did you overcome this?

I'm looking to get FTTC so the fibre to the cabinet has already been installed. Just need to get a copper line put in.

Thanks.

Thank Post
    I went with BT, I know there is a bit of stigma attached to the old utility companies but they were actually really good. They migrated all my domains from L2ICT and set up all the filtering gear too.
    FCS has not been an issue for us - BGfL are apparently looking at a solution for CRISP but in the meantime I think our SEN team phone changes through.

Thank Post
    When we moved from Link2ICT to our new supplier we only wanted a 6 month contract. We ended up agreeing to pay for 12 months and then getting reimbursed for 6 months worth afterward.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Synkrox View Post
    FCS has not been an issue for us
    What was the solution for FCS? VPN to the bursars desktop?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast