+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, soundlcloud through a school proxy in Technical; I have been having issues getting soundcloud to work through our school proxy, it will however work ok through our ...

Thank Post

soundlcloud through a school proxy

I have been having issues getting soundcloud to work through our school proxy, it will however work ok through our unfiltered admin proxy. I have 3 entries in the school proxy to allow various sound cloud urls access, I am unsure if there maybe more - my thinking is there probably is but I am unable to trace them.

The teachers/students are trying to use soundcloud on their ipads, and these work OK for all other internet related stuff. One school uses the app and is unable to log in through it and one has used the browser and is having difficulty with playback of recordings - the pages load up ok but then just sit there like they are waiting to buffer and won't playback.

the 3 entries I have are:
    snd.sc
    sndcdn.com
    soundcloud.com

I put in a request to Soundcloud support for a list of urls and ports that were required but the response was basically a no.

Has anybody had any experience of getting soundcloud working on ipads through a proxy and can shed some light on this?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    What are you using for a proxy? You could just monitor the proxy for all domains the machine requests while manually refreshing the page. I use Squid and sometime have to do it.

Code:
    sudo tail -f /var/log/squid3/access.log | grep 192.168.30.42
    Show HTTP requests in realtime, but only ones originating from the above IP.

Thank Post
    we run two, one which is the LA maintained although we have some access to it and can run reports/add exceptions - this is the one all student and staff traffic needs to go through. The second one is a basic one (an upgrade to squid is on the things to do list!) that admins use to get unfiltered access. I tried the logging thing through that and that's how got the domains i listed, i can only think I've missed something so I will look again at that.

SoundCloud mobile - Proxies SoundCloud Backstage SoundCloud Backstage makes me think they have something a bit different going on that could be stopping it from working.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread