+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Quickoffice on Android does not work as expected in school, alternative needed or fix in Technical; I needed to find a note taking system for our Androids that can also add photos and found Quickoffice was ...

Thank Post

Quickoffice on Android does not work as expected in school, alternative needed or fix

I needed to find a note taking system for our Androids that can also add photos and found Quickoffice was very easy to use when testing from home as it links in with our Google Drive and saves the docs as word documents.

While at school Quickoffice cannot connect to drive but if I open the actual drive app all is OK. You can create a local Quickoffice document but the email with attachment also does not work, although if I them open the gmail app and send an attachment it works fine. So something is up with Quickoffice but only while in school.

This is at a small primary and the proxy filtering is controlled by RM so no easy way to test but I still get the same issue if I bypass the filtering.

Any ideas why this might not be working in school but is fine at home or any alternative note taking software that can contain photos and text and can save as a word doc. The saving to Google drive is not a necessity.

Thank Post
    As a much better alternative note taking software that can contain photos and text and can save as a word doc, I strongly recommend TextMaker Mobile. It not only has the best interoperability with Microsoft Word (no formatting losses), but also has the broadest scope of features compared to all other word processors for Android; it lets you convert from one format to another (e.g. open odt, save as docx), it has a very good on-the-fly spell checker, you can edit and set footnotes, endnotes, comments, track changes etc., all TrueType and openType fonts can be embedded, it includes more formatting and layout options than any other, gives access to several file hosting services - including Google Drive - and so much more. You should get the free trial version and try it out, it's worth the effort!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread