+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Our new website doesn't load completely when accessed within our School in Technical; Hi We were having a website for our school and which was hosted externally and this has retired now. One ...

Thank Post

Our new website doesn't load completely when accessed within our School

Hi

We were having a website for our school and which was hosted externally and this has retired now.

One of our website companies had built a new website for our organisation ontheir own Content management systems. We launched our new website last week.
    We use Windows 2012DC and XP and windows 7 in our network. Please see our new website behaviour scenarios:

We have there different types of proxy, so when each user logs in their respective proxy is applied, from the GPO.

Administrator: adminproxy.school
    Teacher: teacherproxy.school
    Student: studentproxy.school

To test the new website I went into a couple of XP workstations with IE8, logged in as administrator and teacher or student, the website doesn't load completely.

We have two Windows 2003 servers on our network and the explorer version on these servers is IE8 and I logged in as administrator and the website loads perfectly.
    Also after logging in as administrator, I changed the proxy settings in the internet explorer
    as teacherproxy.school and studentproxy.school .On both of the proxy settings logged in as administrator the website loads perfectly.
    So the website works on IE8 on a Windows 2003 server and I am not sure how these XP workstations are setup different from the Windows 2003 servers.

I don't know if there is any policy set up on our filtering system (Netsweeper)for the workstation different from the Windows 2003 Servers.

Another thing is on a Windows 7 pc with IE9, if I log in as administrator, the website loads perfectly. But on the same PC when logged in as teacher/studentthe website doesn’t load completely .Suspecting if another policy is setup according to the administrator, staff and student group.

The staff and student sometimes say that if they want to access some websites and if doesn't work or load, they send the URL to me. If the URL is
    http://www.teachingideas.co.uk/
    On our filtering system in the unblock policy list I enter it as teachingideas.co.uk and then the website will open perfectly.so don't know if something is blocking for our new website.

The interesting thing is:
    The behaviour of new website on administrator login on the Window 2003 server is different. .
    Also logged in as administrator/teacher/student using Google chrome on a XP PC the website loads perfectly. This is bit confusing and don't know where the problem could be.

Please let me know if you need anyfurther info, I can provide.

Any help will be really really grateful and I will have to sort this by Monday.

Thanks
    Last edited by genesis; 23rd February 2014 at 12:39 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread