+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Web site design in Technical; I've been asked to find an external company to design a new website for our school, ideally based on Sharepoint, ...
    Thank Post

Web site design

I've been asked to find an external company to design a new website for our school, ideally based on Sharepoint, so we can take over the management of it once the initial design has been done. We can host it internally, so don't really have need of a hosting company. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank Post
    I can recommend @VeryPC. They worked with us on to design and build our new website which has been live since July last year. We started with some pretty out there ideas, with input from many people in school - including some conlicting ideas from SLT. They were very patient with us, and knew what would work and what wouldn't from a web technology point of view. The final design is amazing. Its exactly what we wanted, is easy to maintain and update using the bespoke CMS, and any minor changes are done within minutes, not hours or even days. Bigger upgrades, i.e. chargeable work, are always done to an agreed budget and within very quick timescales. You can see our website here:
    Home | Harehills Primary School

Its not built on sharepoint, but this isn't something we asked for. The CMS is easy to use and I can add little bits of HTML where I want something a bit different. Feel free to PM me if you want to know more.

3. 2 Thanks to hallb15:

VeryPC (14th February 2014), VeryPC_Colin_M (18th February 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clareq View Post
    I've been asked to find an external company to design a new website for our school, ideally based on Sharepoint, so we can take over the management of it once the initial design has been done. We can host it internally, so don't really have need of a hosting company. Does anyone have any recommendations?
    Cheers @hallb15 ! @clareq if you visit the Harehills website, click the rabbit...
    Last edited by VeryPC_Colin_M; 18th February 2014 at 12:04 PM. Reason: spelling error

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryPC_Colin_M View Post
    Cheers @hallb15 ! @clareq if you visit the Harehills website, click the rabbit...
    That's cool :O) Who is Ben? Is that a student? It would be cool to link to the MIS and do that for all the kids.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    That's cool :O) Who is Ben? Is that a student? It would be cool to link to the MIS and do that for all the kids.
    LOL cheers @vikpaw. Ben is THE MAN. He's @hallb15 and we did it as a surprise for him for his birthday because he's a top bloke.
    Last edited by VeryPC_Colin_M; 18th February 2014 at 12:19 PM. Reason: spelling error

7. Thanks to VeryPC_Colin_M from:

hallb15 (19th February 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryPC_Colin_M View Post
    LOL cheers @vikpaw. Ben is THE MAN. He's @hallb15 and we did it as a surprise for him for his birthday because he's a top bloke.
    You guys are great :O)
    If you ever implement a website that is linked or has access to MIS data, it would be sooo coool to do that for the kids. A sharepoint based one could if they used SIMS, but they'd also have to be forking out for SLG too. Or doing it via nefarious (read 'cheaper') methods.

9. Thanks to vikpaw from:

VeryPC_Colin_M (18th February 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread