+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Squid and Dansguardian in Technical; Hello all, I have setup Squid on Windows 7 and Dandsguardian on Ubuntu. I have got them both setup, but ...

Thank Post

Squid and Dansguardian

Hello all,

I have setup Squid on Windows 7 and Dandsguardian on Ubuntu. I have got them both setup, but I was wondering if it is possible to get Dansguardian to use Squid authentication?

The only way I could get Squid to authenticate with AD was to use the Negotiate plugin, now that is working perfectly. I have entered the squid details into Dansguardian config, but I keep getting errors or if I enable any of the Danguardian plugins, a login box that no matter how many times I enter my details, wont accept them.

The reason I installed Squid on Windows, Was i could not get Squid to authenticate with AD on Linux.

If anybody else has done it this way or if anybody had any advice or ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Sean

Thank Post
    Got this working I had to setup for the Windows 7 machines 'Network security: LAN Manager authentication level Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated' in GPO.

I am having another problem though - I am trying to extract the groups from AD into the Dansguardian filtergrouplist, so that I can filter by group rather than user. I have found a script USERMAP2, that is supposed to do it for me but I can't for the life of me get it to work. Any ideas?

Thank Post
    How are you trying to run the app... is it in Windows or Linux ?

Thank Post
    I am running Dansguardian on Ubuntu I have got it working I am just having problems extracting the data from AD to Dansguardian using the Usermap2 script. I can do it manually it would just be very time consuming?

Thank Post
    I know in CentOS I have a domain joined samba server which basically is a file server but It's using AD auth for authentication, I used the command 'kinit' and net join -U administrator and used ntpdate server1.example.com and it joined to the domain with no issues. Using command getent passwd I can see all my users and groups.

I think this way might work as your DG machine would then be joined to the domain from there you'd be able to configure DG to use internal authentication and use your AD credentials.

Don't quote me on it though.
    Last edited by cpjitservices; 30th January 2014 at 03:52 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread