+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Creating online forms in Technical; Hi all; I have been ask to look into the viability of getting parents and others to fill in forms ...

Thank Post

Creating online forms

Hi all;

I have been ask to look into the viability of getting parents and others to fill in forms electronically, either through a website or a VLE. then data can be imported into SIMS for example.

Anyone with experience of this and what do you use?

Our website is looked after by a company, I take it we create web forms but how do one handle the data conversion side of things and electronic signatures?

Thanks as always

Thank Post
    We use Google forms. I've not tried importing data into SIMS but as it is effectively a spreadsheet, I guess it wouldn't be a problem.

3. 2 Thanks to laserblazer:

GeekyPete (22nd January 2014), MrWu (22nd January 2014)

Thank Post
    +1 for Google forms.

Data straight into a spreadsheet for easy manipulation.

5. Thanks to simongrahamuk from:

MrWu (22nd January 2014)

Thank Post
    Lovely, I'll have a look at this, so in terms of say, publishing this for parents to fill in, would create a school google account, publish a link on our school website and direct the parents to fill the google form from there? Then would the data collected be downloaded from the school's google account?

thanks as always.

Thank Post
    All of our internal surveys and questionnaires get done this way now via google forms, though we have yet to use it externally I couldn't imagine it being that difficult to do.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWu View Post
    Lovely, I'll have a look at this, so in terms of say, publishing this for parents to fill in, would create a school google account, publish a link on our school website and direct the parents to fill the google form from there? Then would the data collected be downloaded from the school's google account?

thanks as always.
    The only problem with putting the link on the website is anyone seeing it can take part, unless you have a protected parent area. At present, we email the link using Parentmail but when we let the pupils access their gmail accounts, we will be able to stipulate that only school accounts can view it. The results are shown in a Google spreadsheet which can be downloaded into Excel.

Thank Post
    +Google forms. Also gives nice graphs and charts of the collected info.

You could set up a free home account and have a play or go the full hog and setup Google Apps for ED which is also free.

Thank Post
    Another +1 to Google Forms. Easy to use, easy to view data and the ability to output results into a spreadsheet is a big bonus.

We currently have a personal account setup to create the forms. You can also choose to give other specified gMail users the ability to view, edit and download the data as they please. Shame they didn't allow just any old email address to have access, but then again I don't know exactly how that would work.
    Last edited by NerdNamedMatt; 22nd January 2014 at 11:18 AM.

Thank Post
    I'm looking to set up a form on our Intranet to allow users to complete the appropriate details in text boxes, attach/upload a file and email it to our reprographics dept for them to print out the attached file using the requirements from the form ... No of copies, stapled, colour etc . At the moment they have to fill in a slip to hand in but I want to automate the process and remove the need to fill out paper slips. Any ideas/help would be welcome. I've looked at some of the online form builder sites but they are either limited as to the number of fields or by monthly usage.

rdk

Thank Post
    If you school went google, on the google form there could be a field for for a link to a google doc, that as long as the teacher has set permissions properly the repro dept could open and then print as many copies as requested. Even if the document was a docx or pdf, as long as it was in the teacher's google drive and shared this would work.

Thank Post
    Thanks @rdk but there are no plans to go google hence my need to put something on the intranet that will work via our existing setup and it needs to work with documents stored on their home drive, usb pens, shared areas etc.

Thank Post
    Hi,

Just saw this post looking for something help and thought I might suggest an alternative to Google Form in case you need "in house" solution (but this requires a database and web server such as XAMPP or equivalent)
    I've been using MachForm from AppNitro for quite a while now and I am pretty happy with it. We use if for any kind of form as well as for surveys.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread