+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Post Leeds Learning Network / ICT4Leeds.... in Technical; A mailing went out to schools last week. The long and the short of it is infobase is rapidy being ...
    Thank Post
    A mailing went out to schools last week. The long and the short of it is infobase is rapidy being rebuilt on sharepoint (Office365). Testing to start in late Feb - Live by April 1st! They plan to run some training in March and April to show people the new service.
    @themightymrp I'll PM you an email address of someone who can ensure you're added into future mailings.

I believe the council are having lots of trouble with EFT too. They have extended their licence for AVCO until September, and are going to move the servers out of the current LLN datacentre, so they can open up avco to all Leeds schools.

2. 2 Thanks to IrritableTech:

hallb15 (10th February 2014), themightymrp (6th February 2014)

Thank Post
    spoken to ICT4Leeds about these services this morning. AVCO, SAP, FAB and Infobase are not and have never been LLN services. These are services provided by LCC Children's Services or corporate finance teams. LLN has traditionally been the secure route to access these services. Given the fact there is no longer LLN, LCC Children's Services are looking at ways of making Council services available securely for all those schools which have opted out of ICT4Leeds. Any schools who stay with ICT4Leeds will continue to access these services without the need for additional secure tokens. Hope this helps.

4. Thanks to moderator from:

hallb15 (10th February 2014)

Thank Post

Schools being turned away?

I have heard this morning that some of the companies who signed up school on mass are now at the 11th hour turning schools away as they cannot provide the services that they signed schools up for. This is breach of contract and leaves schools high and dry.....

Thank Post
    oh dear. Well if any of them are here do send them our way as we are still taking orders and are able to provision primary schools no problem.

We also have some special "expedite" installs in the bag just in case for new leased line customers.

Dave

Thank Post
    It is interesting you say that David. Rumour is that it was actually Schools Broadband who at the last minute informed the school you were no longer able to provide them with a service. It is also apparent that you yourself visited the school in question as they were unahappy about Schools Broadband informing the school at the 11th hour that they could not provide a serivce!!

Not good at all!!!

Thank Post
    No that's not quite right. That said school does have a service from us which is in and working. However even though BT's checkers initially said they could get FTTC as the exchange and local cabs were being upgraded that's not going to be the case unfortunately as the school actually has a special "mini cab". Said school has been offered an upgrade to a leased line at my cost instead to give faster speeds and as an apology. It's also my old primary school so I want to make sure the school is 100% happy. I'm also paying for an expedite install free of charge for the schools as well as lots of other extras.

Some things don't always go to plan but its how you respond to them which sets your company out from the others. I'm personally doing everything in my power to make this school happy and not penalise them. The school has Internet access from us which will still be working when LLN gets turned off and I'm hopeful that as we have some expedite installs reserved with BT that we'll get an even faster leased line installed in time. The school will not be without Internet access. This would be terrible.

I should also point out that the leased line offering is about 25% less than LLN's cost with many more additional extras included in the cost.

Dave

Dave

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by moderator View Post
    I have heard this morning that some of the companies who signed up school on mass are now at the 11th hour turning schools away as they cannot provide the services that they signed schools up for. This is breach of contract and leaves schools high and dry.....
    and ict4leeds demand 4 free rack space which costs money and is only needed short term as old kit comes out then fit cabs that arnt really deep enough for smoothwall boxes, so are making schools spend money they dont need to to make their life easier. no company is issue free. another school i know of is having issues (neither ict4leeds or sbb) bt cant get their act together and get a line put in ducting in road has collapsed but they keep sending engineers to fit modems and its approaching cutoff point

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12